Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing Paint Texture  (Read 1316 times)

JoeKitchen

Removing Paint Texture
« on: January 28, 2015, 09:45:30 pm »

I recently photographed a really nice project that had lacquered painted hallway doors.  This was shop grade paint and the doors should have be brought off sight to be painted, but my client's client did not want to pay for the expense.  Being such, my client had the paint applied as best he could with the doors on location; the end result was good however the paint dried with a slight texture to it.  

My client was wondering if there was a way for me to remove this texture in post.  I have no idea and do not think I can.  Anyone have any advice?  (I attached the edge of the image that would need to be fixed.)  

P.S.: this was something that I did not see as an issue while on location.  It only came up after the image proof was delivered.  This is a very good client of mine and I can not do this, it is not the end of the world. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:47:02 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

NickT

Re: Removing Paint Texture
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:21 pm »

Joe start with dust and scratches a duplicate layer. Failing that use motion blur in the direction of the venetian blinds and layer mask to protect the door joins etc.

Nick-T

Peter Devos

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:03:02 am »

duplicate layer, put layer mask on it, goto noise>median(see when the texture disappears, inverse the mask and paint the effect back into the layer. :-)

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:07:17 am »

duplicate layer, put layer mask on it, goto noise>median(see when the texture disappears, inverse the mask and paint the effect back into the layer. :-)

Thanks. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 08:11:46 am »

Stay in c1, use a local adjustment layer and negative structure.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:46:49 am by Doug Peterson »
Pages: [1]   Go Up