Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H1D sold on eBay for a very bad buyer, yet I need your tech help  (Read 3840 times)

ZamanPhoto

Dear all

I don't know if this is right place to write this topic or not, I wish it is.

I sold my Hasselblad H1D-22 with Imacon image bank on ebay for a buyer (who is a member here too). The buyer received the order and he start to say its defected plus other pathetic issues like the item smells of cigarette, since I'm a smoker.

Ref: my topic on this form: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=96689.msg789683#msg789683

In additional that I list this outfit for very low price, the buyer asked for even lower price, so I accepted it and I sold it for $1900 include shipping from Kuwait (which cost me $120). So I final will receive $1705.60 after deducting PayPal fee.

He provided me this video (assuming the cooling fan was burned out or damaged) please view it (dropbox link) https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhoqdbrtuvbx74a/IMG_0001.mp4?dl=0

I contacted the buyer to make him happy and satisfied, and he was like he want to send this unit to a service center for repair (which he didn't still). But he build his action based on his imagination and assumptions so he reported the deal to eBay.

I offered him $75 partial refund to cut this headache off (which is another money lose), but he asked for $300 refund, remember he still didn't send this unite to the service center.

The worst part of this story, the buyer is fully aware that I'm from Kuwait and I'll ship this order from Kuwait, but again (misuse eBay rules) by reporting that to eBay as he wasn't aware of that.

Here is the original ads on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151558015958?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649 you can see how honest and clear description I wrote.

My friends

That is my 1st transaction I ever had on eBay or selling online, and I guess because of such behavior, I'm not going to do it again. I really care about my reputation .. I REALLY REALLY DO.

So you guys answer me (I trust you), what do you think? what do you suggest?

Thank you all

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust

Your best option is probably to tell him to return the item for a full refund. Only after receiving the item back in the condition you send it, you will refund. This is better than trying to work something out with someone that apparently has no interest in resolving.

Sorry to hear about this, I have sold hundreds of items over Ebay without issues, most dealing were really pleasant but every now and than you meet someone that relates different to you..

Goodluck!

ZamanPhoto

Although its No Return deal, but I offered him a refund (remaining money after I deduct the shipping charges and paypal fees). He also refused that.

Your best option is probably to tell him to return the item for a full refund. Only after receiving the item back in the condition you send it, you will refund. This is better than trying to work something out with someone that apparently has no interest in resolving.

Sorry to hear about this, I have sold hundreds of items over Ebay without issues, most dealing were really pleasant but every now and than you meet someone that relates different to you..

Goodluck!

Glaesemann

WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER:  ZamanPhoto

CLASSIC CASE OF NOT DISCLOSING DAMAGE AND SELLING "NO RETURN".

1st - Seller is in Kuwait and is using USA eBay account that shows the item as being in Springfield Gardens, NY, 11413 , US.

2nd - I asked multiple times for full disclosure of any issues as it was a "no return" sale. No mention of a fan bearing issue was ever disclosed.

3rd - I received an H1D with a digital back that sounded terrible. Very loud noise coming from the fan. The noise changed as you tilted the camera, indicating a bad bearing in the fan. How can a  digital back with 493 actuations have a worn out fan bearing? And yes, the seller is correct, it had extreme smell of cigarettes, very extreme smell. I could live with that, but not a broken fan bearing.

4th - I shoot a quick video of the noise and send it to the seller for his comment. THE VIDEO THE SELLER POSTED ABOVE HAS THE SOUND REMOVED.
Here is the correct video...  https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A45qXGF105vBf

5th - I also send the video to a Hasselblad dealer who (without prompting) replied with this response...
"I listened to your video. It sounds like the cooling fan's bearing is starting to wear out. Not sure if it is worth fixing.
If you send it to Hasselblad service in NJ, they will diagnose and send a repair quote."

6th - The seller states this is completely normal sound. I strongly disagree, it is only a matter of time before the fan bearing fails and the fan seizes up. Seller reaffirms that the back has only 493 actuations. It makes no sense. The seller disclosed everything EXCEPT the one thing that should have been disclosed..., the H1D back is worn out.

7th - Does this sound like full disclosure?
"Condition: 100% working system and according to its age, this machine is super clean and I rate it higher than most of gears shown on eBay. Normal scratches here and there. (Update) I forgot to say CCD is 100% clean, scratch free, and no spots whats so ever (new photos added below)"

7th - I tell the seller I honestly wanted a hassle free purchase, but I can not accept his explaination. I contact eBay who state I am protected by eBay and recommend I file a "Request for Return".

8th - The sellers response to request for return is very nasty and ends with him offering $75.

9th - I decline the $75 and ask for eBay to get involved on my behalf.

10th - eBay cancels "Request for Return" and starts an official "Case".

11th - The seller threatens to go public and post negative comments to LuLa and give me negative eBay feedback.

It's in eBay's hands now. BUYER BEWARE!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:05:34 am by Glaesemann »

ZamanPhoto

This buyer seems he is a serious trouble maker. I replied to his sarcastic points on this topic (here)

Another approve that he is a trouble make, he says that I removed the sound from the video posted. and the fact is, I downloaded his video from his source and uploaded it to my drop box. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE guys, anyone viewed the video and found it without sound?? let me know please.

anyway, I wont repeat my answers to his point, I already did on the link provided above.

I'll continue with eBay to remain my right.

Thank you all, and sorry to disturb you.

Glaesemann

This is just more retaliation for not accepting an item that is defective. It is as simple as that. We had a large snow storm here in New York and the seller knows I have not been able to drive over to Hasselblad in New Jersey. At this point, that is the best thing I can do. Get an official condition report from Hasselblad. It will show what we already know, the back's fan bearing is shot. That is very obvious and no buyer I know would accept this purchase. It was stupid of me to have entered into this sale, but I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt. In the end it was not worth it.  :-[

ZamanPhoto

Logical question (you guys participate): Why would the buyer ask for $300 refund if he still didn't send the unit physically to diagnose and check? Why he want $300 refund back yet he doesn't know the exact cost for the repair?

That should clear the picture for all that he is abusing the rules and taking an advantage of me.

I don't like to loop here and repeat what I say. He asked for the eBay to take over, and I accepted it. (am I not being fair now?)

At the end .. I got my lesson and I want you all to be aware of such a buyer. as simple as that.

Glaesemann

Enough said Abdullah. Let's leave it to eBay and not continue this exchange on a public forum.

Tim

ZamanPhoto

I raised this issue as an GENERAL issue and never mentioned you nor disclosed who is the buyer.. you jumped in not me.

It would be nicer if you didn't interfere here, waited for other to judge and you read from faraway since you weren't mentioned at the first place.

am I right?

Hell with the money .. all I care about now is my name and reputation .. I will never ever allow anything to destroy it.

Enough said Abdullah. Let's leave it to eBay and not continue this exchange on a public forum.

Tim
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:42:09 am by ZamanPhoto »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com

Topic is locked.

Please continue this exchange elsewhere
Pages: [1]   Go Up