Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bangladesh book not arrived yet  (Read 10757 times)

RedGreenBlue

Bangladesh book not arrived yet
« on: January 05, 2006, 03:11:47 am »

I have repeatedly e-mailed the LL store notifying Mr Reichmann's mail as well, but still I have received no answer or any news about the enormous delay of the delivery of the Bangladesh book.
I have ordered it on-line in early November (as soon as it has been available) and its shipment has been confirmed to me by e-mail on the 11th of November. However, it has not arrived after two months (Greece-Europe).

francois

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 03:45:14 am »

I have repeatedly e-mailed the LL store notifying Mr Reichmann's mail as well, but still I have received no answer or any news about the enormous delay of the delivery of the Bangladesh book.
I have ordered it on-line in early November (as soon as it has been available) and its shipment has been confirmed to me by e-mail on the 11th of November. However, it has not arrived after two months (Greece-Europe).

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
FWIW, my books arrived just before Christmas and I'm in Switzerland.
Good luck.
Francois

RedGreenBlue

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 04:33:23 am »

FWIW, my books arrived just before Christmas and I'm in Switzerland.
Good luck.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55240\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You mean the book took one month and a half to arrive in Switzerland...

Wow! It seems that Canada is really far away, which increases my attraction to this great country...

Perhaps i should think seriously of getting myself there to collect the book. After all my girlfriend wants to migrate in Toronto but she is undecided because I don't follow, since I prefer warm climate..

Kenneth Sky

• http://
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 08:06:27 am »

As a lifelong Torontonian, may I suggest you begin your life here in May to acclimate to our damp but not so cold winters (except for last year). I upgraded my igloo to cental heating and am quite comfortable.  
As for the postal service I send things regularly to my kids in Hawaii and New Zealand with rapid delivery. It seems your book has been lost in transit.

RedGreenBlue

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 08:15:58 am »

As a lifelong Torontonian, may I suggest you begin your life here in May to acclimate to our damp but not so cold winters (except for last year). I upgraded my igloo to cental heating and am quite comfortable.  
As for the postal service I send things regularly to my kids in Hawaii and New Zealand with rapid delivery. It seems your book has been lost in transit.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55249\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Its is hard to have your kids so far away. This is also my main reason (my too young children) to insist on warm climate..
However, my main problem really is that I have no answer or any communication whatosoever by the Luminus landscape store or site, nomatter my consistent polite questions.

michael

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 08:52:39 am »

I regret the delay and also the lack of communication. Our customer support person suffered a death in the family and has been offline for the past two weeks. Chris and I have been carrying the load in his absence, but some communications have regretably slipped through the cracks.

Though books to Europe were shipped by First Class mail, because most orders were in late November and early December, they got caught up in the Christmas mail / package rush. Some have arrived, and some regretably haven't.

There's no way to trace mail, so I'm afraid that all we can suggest is a wait of another couple of weeks. If it doesn't show up then we'll send another.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Michael

Dale_Cotton

• http://daystarvisions.com
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 09:09:51 am »

Kenneth:

upgraded my igloo to cental heating
As another long-time Torontonian, how did you do that? Doesn't the heat melt the ice blocks?

RGB: coming at the beginning of March would not only serve to cure your girlfriend of any illusions about life in the land of skiing and skating but allow you to catch Michael's Bangladesh gallery exhibit at Pikto.

I sent some prints to Germany last year by normal delivery; it took a good six weeks for them to arrive and that wasn't even during the Christmas season.

Ray

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 09:23:51 am »

In Italy last year I bought an expensive piece of glassware at a glass factory in Venice. It took 7 months for the item to arrive (in Australia) and communication was very difficult. The item had got stuck in Milan and had to be reshipped.

francois

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 10:18:13 am »

You mean the book took one month and a half to arrive in Switzerland...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Right! But it's not uncommon with this shipping method. Fedex/DHL/UPS is much faster but would probably cost as much as the book itself.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 10:22:15 am by francois »
Francois

RedGreenBlue

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 04:19:07 am »

I regret the delay and also the lack of communication. Our customer support person suffered a death in the family and has been offline for the past two weeks. Chris and I have been carrying the load in his absence, but some communications have regretably slipped through the cracks.

Though books to Europe were shipped by First Class mail, because most orders were in late November and early December, they got caught up in the Christmas mail / package rush. Some have arrived, and some regretably haven't.

There's no way to trace mail, so I'm afraid that all we can suggest is a wait of another couple of weeks. If it doesn't show up then we'll send another.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55252\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am sorry for your staff member's personal loss and grief.
Thank you for the information, it seems that this inconvenient has combined with Greek mail system's 'normal' delay...

cppcrazy

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 06:39:24 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For what it's worth: I've received my copy on friday; I had also ordered it on the very first days. I'm in Paris, France.

OnyimBob

• http://
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 10:25:17 pm »

Mine arrived in Australia soon after they began shipping!
Be assured patience will be rewarded! The book is great!
Bob
Bob Munro.
[url=http://www.waterholesgue

RedGreenBlue

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 02:08:01 am »

The book finally arrived also in Athens!

My congratulations! It is a great work!

Although the LL photos do not really fit in this edition, I am grateful that MR included them too!

Oh...... I want to travel!!!

Jay Kaplan

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 09:16:31 am »

Oh...... I want to travel!!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=56101\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Don't we all  

Waiting seems to make the arrival and the final product more special. The LLVJ seems to consistently take about 3 loooooooong weeks to arrive after I receive the notification that it has been shipped.

But, once it arrives, the end result is well worth the wait.  

John Camp

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 02:36:10 pm »

My experience was just the opposite. I subscribed to video journal (with several back issues), got the whole shipment a few days later, and a few days after that, got an e-mail that said they were about to be shipped. I think the e-mail must have got stuck at Chicago customs.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 06:47:18 pm »

My experience was just the opposite. I subscribed to video journal (with several back issues), got the whole shipment a few days later, and a few days after that, got an e-mail that said they were about to be shipped. I think the e-mail must have got stuck at Chicago customs.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=56331\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Chicago Customs was probably examining the email to see if it contained any white powders or sharp objects.  
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Ioliite

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 08:16:51 am »

I'm still eagerly awaiting my copy of the book – I think it’s been 11 weeks.  I ordered it immediately after Michael's announcement, but I guess my first copy was lost.

Hopefully the next one will make the journey to Australia safely, and not end up like Ray’s Italian glassware… I might still hit 4 months, but I hope not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up