Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! my 3800 colors too far out that Colormunki doesn't recognize patches  (Read 1101 times)

crwoo

Hi, I am trying to calibrate my Epson 3800 with third party sublimation inks and i am wondering if it's even possible to get from where it is to where I want it.

attached is a picture that how the colors look when using photo paper. I tried using my ColorMunki but the patches aren't recognized. I am guessing they are too far out.

I know that sublimation ink isnt meant to be used on photo paper, but that is what the picture looks like when I transfer to a tile. The tree in the picture should be nice and green.

Can anyone that has experience with third party inks help me get my colors closer to what they should be?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:42:52 pm by crwoo »

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net

Can't tell you what to do, but it's interesting that the colors you are getting are in many cases the negative colors of what you want, while the luminances are generally positive. Do you have the right inks in the right cartridges and in the right slots?

na goodman

Many years ago I tried to profile Sublimation Ink but could not do it with my equipment. I ended up sending the patches to Inkjet Art and they made the profile, which worked well. They have since been purchased by IT Supplies: https://www.itsupplies.com/profile-service-custom-made-icc-profiles-for-inkjet-printers-profiles

I would talk to them first and tell them that you are using sublimation ink and see if their equipment can read the paches. There are other places or people that can probably read the targets but  they were reasonable and they also said they could do it.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com

Why are you printing onto photo paper ? Surely that isn't the intended finished item ?
If you're building a printing profile you need to measure the final colours.
On sublimation printing to tiles/mugs/etc. you need to read the final product, not the intermediate transfer.

Best of luck, whilst measuring the finished product isn't too difficult, the non-linearity of most sublimation inks causes problems for a lot of profiling software.

crwoo

thank you all for the replies.
 the picture I uploaded looks the same when i sublimate it to a ceramic tile. I think my biggest problem is too much ink. it helped when I selected plain paper, but then the quality is very low because then it prints around 300 dpi.
Colors are still very bad and if I cant solve it myself i might try itsupplies.

I have the right colors in the right slots and tanks.

I am trying to figure out how to make a new profile on my 3800 that will use even less ink load than plain paper does with at least 720dpi. another problem i think the paper I use doesnt take a lot of DPI. what paper do you guys think works the best for sub inks?
Pages: [1]   Go Up