Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma DP3m problem  (Read 846 times)

Patrick Bock

Sigma DP3m problem
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:31:35 am »

Hello, I was hoping that some of the more experienced Sigma users might be able to help me with a problem.  Sometimes the viewfinder screen turns black and I can't see the image for composing, though the grid and on-screen writing ISO, exposure info, etc. is there.  If I set it to video mode the image comes back, but I lose it again when in any of the photo modes.

Anybody have any ideas?  I feel like it's probably something simple but I can't figure it out.  I have tried powering on and off, taking out the battery, etc.

Thanks for any help you might have!

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
Re: Sigma DP3m problem
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 09:29:04 am »

Hello patrick,

You might have pushed the display button by accident. Push it twice and you will recover your original display :)

Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

Patrick Bock

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:55:37 am »

Thanks for your help!!

I had tried that button, as with every other button and setting, but the key was holding it for a good second.  Ah, feeling like the newbie that the forum says I am...

Cheers.

NancyP

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 09:57:14 am »

Don't feel bad. My thumb reaches that button fairly often. I think to myself - lens cap on? Nope. Just a fat thumb.   ;D

SanderKikkert

• flickr
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:17:19 am »

Don't feel bad. My thumb reaches that button fairly often. I think to myself - lens cap on? Nope. Just a fat thumb.   ;D

+1   ;D

Had the same thing happen to me, but instead of thinking  clearly and trying to establish what might have happened I tought: "oh no the sordid little brick is broken again (*), at the very moment I want to photograph a mesmerizing sunset which is rapidly fading...I just started pushing buttons frantically and...the screen appeared again..

(*) again as mine had to go back to Sigma after 1 day to remove a sensor spot, they wouldn't exchange for a new one but insisted on repairing/cleaning.

Enjoy that lovely brick ! Regards, Sander
Pages: [1]   Go Up