Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I just reviewed the Pentax 645z  (Read 15164 times)

mikeSF_

• Mike Oria Photography
Re: I just reviewed the Pentax 645z
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2015, 01:22:01 pm »

i just ordered the Huelight profile for $15. Will let you know when i get it and use it a bit.
Pentax 645Z & K3II www.mikeoria.com

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2015, 04:04:40 pm »

Hi Chris
I'm here in the UK as well.
PM me and I'll give you the rep's contact details.
I've had my Z since it came out here, one of the first through Calumet's doors. I have the A35mm, 55mm, 45-85 and 150mm.
I shoot primarily advertising with some editorial thrown in.
Roughly 25k on the shutter.

All good
Rob

torger

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 02:33:32 am »

Huelight made some profiles that was popular in RawTherapee a number of years ago, I guess it's still the same person behind it. Great to see that he can get some extra income from the special knowledge.

The available software tools for making and tuning own profiles are not very good which is a bit surprising I think, but it's the way it is. Making accurate reproduction profiles is easy and software exists for that, but when it comes to subjective colors the tools are limited. Manufacturers like Adobe, Phase One etc use custom software not available to the public, and I would guess Huelight has his own tools as well.

I wonder when someone will make a camera profile software available to make really good subjective color profiles...?

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 05:03:54 am »

Huelight made some profiles that was popular in RawTherapee a number of years ago, I guess it's still the same person behind it. Great to see that he can get some extra income from the special knowledge.

The available software tools for making and tuning own profiles are not very good which is a bit surprising I think, but it's the way it is. Making accurate reproduction profiles is easy and software exists for that, but when it comes to subjective colors the tools are limited. Manufacturers like Adobe, Phase One etc use custom software not available to the public, and I would guess Huelight has his own tools as well.

I wonder when someone will make a camera profile software available to make really good subjective color profiles...?

There's a patent issue, in particular a Kodak patent. Which wouldn't be such an issue if the Kodak software was still marketed ...All the guys I know who do profiling including myself had their own custom software. As an aside,  I believe one of the reasons color controls in retouching software generally are so bad is that most intuitive interfaces for manipulating color were patented by companies working in the TV field, and small software authors like the Knoll brothers wanted to work around the patents. But that's just my imagination.  To get back to the profile topic,with the Adobe camera color model things are IMHO even worse, and standard editing software cannot be used.

Edmund
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:11:24 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

sailronin

• David Reams Photography
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2015, 10:25:22 am »

Chris,
Very informative review based on actual experience not DXo numbers. 
Well done, thank you
Thank you for looking, comments and critiques are always welcome.
Dave

http://sailronin.smugmug.com

mikeSF_

• Mike Oria Photography
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2015, 08:13:38 pm »

i just ordered the Huelight profile for $15. Will let you know when i get it and use it a bit.

OK, i've had a chance to implement the Huelight profiles for 645D and they are an improvement over the default profiles offered in ACR.
Pentax 645Z & K3II www.mikeoria.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up