Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z 3200 cannot see ink levels make a paper profile and  (Read 836 times)

dseelig

HP Z 3200 cannot see ink levels make a paper profile and
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:26:42 am »

HP Z 3200 cannot see ink levels make a paper profile and made a couple of prints then not working help os mac 10.10 I bought this used so just getting going

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: HP Z 3200 cannot see ink levels make a paper profile and
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 03:52:04 am »

If you have  Z3200 and not the ps version, and if the inks are excpired, you will not be able to view ink levels.  You can see ink levels by amounts through the front panel of the printer under inks.  Only inks in warranty will show up in level graphics.

If you are using Mac - you're in for a world of hurt with the new mac  z3200 HP drivers.  They suck.

You might refer to this THREAD

I will tell you now - get a PC either a separate machine or run parallels, bootcamp or whatever.  Just get into Windows so you can use the HP Drivers to run the printer.

I installed VMWare on my mac pro tower and then Windows 8.1 Pro.  The HP Utility works like a charm, PSCC prints perfectly, but so does Qimage Ultimate.

I know it sounds unbelievable, but HP has trashed the Mac drivers and Utility.

If you can't do the above, try uninstalling the driver, then reinstalling.  Go and power down the printer, turn toggle switch off in the back, unplug-wait 60 seconds, plug back in, then restart.

You still won't see the inks.  Search the forum and find the long discussion with Phil Indeblanc.  He got a used 3200 and has run the gauntlet.  Unfortunately, as I warned, this could be the case for you as well, with a used printer.  Better oil the print head carriage rod, or you will be having the dreaded shredded belt issue soon.
Good luck.

Mark
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:53:38 am by Mark Lindquist »
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up