Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad internal battery clock issue  (Read 890 times)

torger

Hasselblad internal battery clock issue
« on: January 25, 2015, 10:13:24 am »

Obviously Hasselblad has opted for some unconventional design concerning internal clock battery. This is for the H4D-50 but I guess it's used in other of their backs too. In the manual it says the internal battery can only hold the time for two weeks or so, and the clock is automatically synchronized when you connect to Phocus blah blah blah. I guess it's a design that is fine for full-time photographers that work in the studio all the time.

As an enthusiast landscape photographer which doesn't have time to shoot as often as I'd like and never work tethered this means that I practically need to check and often set the clock each time I'm going out, or I get home with lots of files with the wrong timestamps. Not a disaster, but a bit irritating.

Anyway I haven't really tested but I've got the feeling that my H4D-50 is losing time considerably faster than after two weeks without power. I'm wondering what I should expect, is it normal that a H4 back loses time quickly after being without power for a number of days, or should it hold up for two weeks or even longer?

Edit: the time now was exactly two days off so I'm suspecting I've set the date wrong last time...hhmm... still I'd like to hear other user experiences of the clock so I know what to expect.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:17:35 am by torger »

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Re: Hasselblad internal battery clock issue
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:06 am »

It should last considerably longer. I have had the timeclock issue only once, shooting tethered for a while solved it. I do indeed use it mostly tethered but than again the only occurrance was over a timeframe of about 10years of using HB backs. It happened with my backup CF back that I obviously did not use very often...

torger

Re: Hasselblad internal battery clock issue
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 11:27:12 am »

Thanks. Then I assume that I had set the clock wrong last time. The clock was off when I bought it but the previous owner had not used it for a long time. Now I've set it again and I'll see if it holds up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up