Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profoto Pro-7b flickering modeling light  (Read 1513 times)

The View

Profoto Pro-7b flickering modeling light
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:56 pm »

I have never used the modeling light on my packs, so I don't know if this is normal.

On both my packs, the modeling light flickers about once per second.

Is this normal.

I wanted to use the modeling light to light some jewelry close-ups in a video I'm shooting. But with that flicker that won't work.

another thing: on one of the packs the light goes out after a while.

one the other it stays on. If you press the modeling light button, the modeling light goes out, but as soon as you release the button, it's on again.

I have to power down the pack in order to turn off the modeling light on that one.

The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

orc73

Re: Profoto Pro-7b flickering modeling light
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 08:06:56 am »

I only know profoto b1 modeling light flickers and will even release lightmeters, making it impossible to meter flash power. I wrote to profoto and they said it's normal.
So much about high price vs high quality and professional. How could a company build a strobe, which is not compatible to measure light with standart light meters with modeling light on.
Never has such issues with elinchrom. Not even with cheapos in some small studios.

crabby

• MICHAEL CRABB
Re: Profoto Pro-7b flickering modeling light
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 05:51:49 pm »

Some of my Acute D4 heads flicker some don't. I also have 2 older Acute heads and neither flickers.  If its normal then why don't they all do it? It has distracted my subject more then once and looks unprofessional.
Pages: [1]   Go Up