Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5D Image file transfer problem  (Read 2986 times)

FrankG

5D Image file transfer problem
« on: January 03, 2006, 06:28:52 pm »

I've just purchased a 5D Canon and the first bunch of files which I
transferred to my computer via the camera's cable and the Canon  software look good. The second transfer I did with the CF cardreader I bought(Sandisk ImageMate)and it's own software - These have problems - a few of the image files which look just fine on the camera's monitor are however corrupted when the card is placed in the card reader and transferred to the computer. Portions of the frame demarcated with horizontal or vertical lines are either missing or have a different exposure, etc. Then I tried downloading via the card and cardreader but this time not using the reader's own software but rather the canon software and still the problem persists on an occasional file.

It appeared that the card reader was the culprit.
Now I just did a few more shots to test the results of another transfer and it's just hapened again BUT with the camera connected directly this time  -  Yikes    

Could it be the card itself (Extreme III 1 GB)?

Please can you tell me step-by-step how you do your transfers (from  camera &/or card in cardreader) so I can eliminate if there's an glitch in my workflow (this is my first dslr).

Look down the side of the attached image - [attachment=113:attachment]I could post another sample and provide a link if necessary.
Frank

FrankG

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 06:33:26 pm »

here's another sample - look down the left side this time (previous image flaw was on the right)

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 08:21:54 am »

You don't mention whether this is in the JPEGs or in the RAW files, nor whether the flaws are apparent if you use different software. Could you please give more details?
Jan

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 09:00:54 am »

I have had similar problems with my 20D. I was shooting raw and the problerm was a bug in the verson of bibble I was using to convert the raw files.  An upgrade solved the problem.

I have also had problems earlier with corrupt cards while shooting jpegs, but that problem had a different look to images, they was more random with bits of other images mixed in.

Are you shooting in raw or jpgeg? What sw are you using to do raw conversion? What version is the firmware in the camera?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 09:01:59 am by ronnynil »
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

FrankG

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 10:46:11 am »

I have had similar problems with my 20D. I was shooting raw and the problerm was a bug in the verson of bibble I was using to convert the raw files.  An upgrade solved the problem.

I have also had problems earlier with corrupt cards while shooting jpegs, but that problem had a different look to images, they was more random with bits of other images mixed in.

Are you shooting in raw or jpgeg? What sw are you using to do raw conversion? What version is the firmware in the camera?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55180\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shooting RAW + Jpeg. Using DPP (Canon) to process. Firmware v1 (just got the camera).
Unpredictable results obtained with both jpeg and raw files. With and without the card reader.
Just got another card and results are good so far - hopefully this resolves it. Will try more shooting & downloading today to test.
Pages: [1]   Go Up