Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent return to the P25+. Not an amateur but HELP NEEDED  (Read 11716 times)

ASSEMBLY

• http://www.assemblystudio.net
Re: Recent return to the P25+. Not an amateur but HELP NEEDED
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 07:30:09 am »

Yup.  Late night, little sleep will do that.  Hs and Vs all start to blur together.

So now this turns into more questions.  I promise it was never my intention to create the Forum Topic with no end...

If I were to ditch my 503CW setup and stick with the H2 body (a sad thought) and pick up a Cambo WDS, would it be possible to mount the H lenses?

I kind of understand the concerns over Fuji v. Zeiss - but are they truly substantiated?

I ask due to the high cost of the 40mm CFE IF lens and wonder if that money isnt better spent on more recent technology?  Not saying IT IS, just asking the question.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2015, 04:01:46 pm »

Once you get used to the H2 then you will be wanting H3, H4, H5 ....
Beautiful cameras.
I bought an H1 with P21+ back and have since gone H2 and then H3DII-31. No need for a truck load of batteries now.
V series were nice to but need to move forward and that's H. The CF adaptor is a fair bit of money for nostalgia.

I actually have a Cambo WDS with H back and WDS 35mm lens mount but no lens. Toying with the idea of selling it.

You can't mount H lenses on a Cambo WDS. I am trying to find a way to mount a Canon TSE lens but no success. You need to overcome the electronic control.
Lenses like V series and RB67 may be possible but they are probably too big.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

NickT

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2015, 07:27:27 pm »

Sean a couple of points from me.

I went (many years ago) from a 503CW to H platform and haven't looked back. While the H camera doesn't have the hipster/cool factor of the V system it is a substantially better camera. The AF is extremely good and IMO needed.

As for the lenses the H System lenses are absolutely better than the old Zeiss lenses.

Hope that helps.
Nick-T
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:23:36 pm by NickT »

Jake.R

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2015, 03:19:23 am »

Once you get used to the H2 then you will be wanting H3, H4, H5 ....
Beautiful cameras.

Definitely be wary of this. I thought I'd be happy shooting on a H3d, but then tried a H5d and had to get it. In a perfect world I'd be shooting an iq180 on a h5x- the bodies really are that nice. Each is a small but meaningful step forward. I just wish Phocus would get a bit of a refresh for those of us not shooting a phase back!!

I recently shot an architectural job and was using about 6 HBs- and going from a h3dii to a h5d the change was huge. I've rented the CF lens adaptor, but really, the H lenses are much better suited to the system. The T/S adaptor is also extremely useful- obviously not to the same extent as a dedicated view camera, but if you're looking to use your H lenses, it's something to look into though. If only it was half the price it is currently..

warmly,
Jake

ASSEMBLY

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 09:13:01 am »

Aww man, you guys are always getting me into trouble by introducing me to new gear.  I had worked so hard to avoid looking at the latest Hasselblad bodies, but alas, the holdout is over...

H4x and H5x bodies look great.  I'll have to see about demoing.  What's the big upgrade in the 4 vs. 5?  Just interchangeability between h5d + h5x?

...and yes, the sex appeal of the V series makes my 503 a hard one to part with.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2015, 09:16:30 am »

H4x and H5x bodies look great.  I'll have to see about demoing.  What's the big upgrade in the 4 vs. 5?  Just interchangeability between h5d + h5x?

We have both an H4X and an H5X in our demo inventory. Just email for an appointment and you can play with both to your hearts content in our demo studio.

Jake.R

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 12:33:48 am »

Aww man, you guys are always getting me into trouble by introducing me to new gear.  I had worked so hard to avoid looking at the latest Hasselblad bodies, but alas, the holdout is over...

...and yes, the sex appeal of the V series makes my 503 a hard one to part with.

Deepest apologies.  :-X Definitely take up Doug's offer- but personally there's no way I'd choose the h4x over the h5x. In terms of improvements, the 5 seems much more solidly built, faster to boot, and the true focus has had a meaningful upgrade. Plus undeniable sex appeal over the 4!

ASSEMBLY

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2015, 06:32:19 am »

Jake, no worries, it was inevitable.

I've been reading a bit on the H4 vs. H5 and seem to be coming to the same conclusion as you.  The H5 seems to be worth its weight. ...and you are absolutely correct; in losing the grey on grey styling, Hassy has regained some of the sex appeal of the V series.

In working through a budget to transition up to an H5, I'm curious if anyone can lend some real world pricing on the H5x?

I'll still have to weigh it against a tech camera / interoperability of lenses, but this H5 is starting to look like a real winner.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2015, 10:39:02 pm »

Deepest apologies.  :-X Definitely take up Doug's offer- but personally there's no way I'd choose the h4x over the h5x. In terms of improvements, the 5 seems much more solidly built, faster to boot, and the true focus has had a meaningful upgrade. Plus undeniable sex appeal over the 4!

# 9 on the Top Ten list has H5 over H4 improvements itemized. #'s 1, 3, 4 , 6 and 10 of those improvements are relevant to the camera body itself:

https://captureintegration.com/top-10-things-i-love-about-the-hasselblad-h-system/

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up