Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200ps Cost accounting adding paper problem  (Read 1218 times)

jtmiller

HP Z3200ps Cost accounting adding paper problem
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:26:28 pm »

I'm finally getting around to using the cost accounting feature of the HP 3200ps printer. I can input the ink costs and the results show reasonable costs for the jobs but I can't add a paper to establish its cost.

I suspect it has something to do with the little error in the upper right corner that when hovered over says "Need to enable JavaScript to get printer status". Note that in the rest of utility which doesn't open a browser window the printer status including ink levels etc, are properly displayed.

We're using Win7 including all patches/updates. The cost accounting feature uses Internet Explorer regardless of which browser is the default on the computer (currently Firefox) and IE11 is the version on the computer (all updates applied there as well.)

I can add the dimensions and cost of the paper in the add paper window but the dropdown doesn't show any papers to select from.

Any ideas on what I could try to get this to work?

Thanks

Jim Miller

Phil Indeblanc

Re: HP Z3200ps Cost accounting adding paper problem
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 03:47:15 pm »

the utility itself is a browser. so its likely to do with your internet settings. Maybe you don't have JavaScript enabled? try that.. and if an issue use Firefox for web browsing.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

jtmiller

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 04:49:03 pm »

Hi Phil

On this computer (Win7) the utility doesn't present as a browser. It has it's own identity under Task Manager and version number. The browser appears only to be launched when one of the links under Job management tab is clicked. Then it's obviously an Internet Explorer page. I've tried making Firefox the default web browser and the HP Utility still always opens via IE. I've tried cutting and pasting the link into Firefox and it won't open that way.

I do have scripting enabled and actually lowered the security settings in all zones to their minimum as well for the time being just to see if I can get things to work.

BTW, this Z3200ps is connected via USB rather than Ethernet. Everything else works as expected and prints are beautiful.

Just the inability to add page costing is frustrating.

jim

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 07:21:16 pm »

No, I have not been able to change it from IE either. Leave it as is, or you would have issues. I think it still uses web based GUI but pools info from IE. I mean to keep your personal browsing on FFOx, and just let IE do JS.

I think that maybe an issue, not connect via network...Not sure, but why not try that first?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 08:06:09 pm »

you could try using the embedded web server.  Go to front panel, read the IP address, then enter it in the command line:

such as: 192,168.0.7

Should bring everything up in the browser and you should be able to input in cost accounting.

Only problem is you may have to be connected to LAN to do it.

Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

jtmiller

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 11:13:21 pm »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to give up on this. No more time to spend and since the paper we use is only $0.80/ft it isn't worth any more effort.

Plus the cost accounting is by square foot which makes little sense on a roll. We'll just cost it manually by linear foot. The ink costing is useful however. This is for my daughter to put a price on prints she makes for her artist friends on the side. Most of her printing is for her own use.

Thanks

Jim

bhuddleston

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 05:34:10 pm »

I have been having the same issues. I was able to add two paper costs and now when I click to add more nothing happens. It also will not let me delete the two I was able to add. I was so excited about this option too. Oh well....

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 07:54:12 pm »

can't say for sure, without checkinh printer - I'm up around 50,000 feet headed for Seattle -

Printer Info

Try going to all pages.  Maybe something will help.

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

bhuddleston

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 10:17:57 am »

thanks that is good info to know for the future! Nothing about problems with the HP Utility software. I tried to contact HP support and got absolutely nowhere, so disappointing.

Attached if anyone wants a good laugh lol

I just don't know why it would let me add a paper after I first installed it and now it doesnt even respond when I click it. I tried reinstalling it but nothing...
Pages: [1]   Go Up