Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

looking for small geared head for tripod for mirrorless

(1/19) > >>

Herbc:
 The title of the subject line tells all:  I had an Arca Swiss C-1 head, loved the movements, hated the weight.
Vast overkill for my Sony A7x cameras.  I was looking at Bogen and small heads, but have not had good experience with
that brand.  Ideas much appreciated

Herbc:
found and old Lula thread that says Bogen is the way to go, although a quick check is that they weight twice what the Arca does.

graeme:
Manfrotto 410?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/124665-REG/Manfrotto_410_410_Junior_Geared_Head.html

Hulyss:
I'm just disappointed by Manfrotto at all levels. Maybe Italian alloys for tripods are the same as Italian cars ... Anyway, I've got a tripod, quite expensive, and the leg fixations fully cracked because of cold, magnesium I think.

There is a brand who never disappointed me over the years : Vanguard

Have a look at the Vanguard Alta Pro 253CT, a carbon one, very solid and practical. Can carry 7kg and weight only 1,6kg. Points are in the foot, just need to screw the rubber balls.

For the head, have a look at the Vanguard SBH-300, sliding tray included. Perfect tool for "3 shots pano", very solid, very well made.

All of this will cost you under 400$, the head alone is around 70$.

ternst:
A small GEARED head would be great - the 410 is kind of large and heavy. I've never seen or heard of any small one, so hoping someone has an idea to help answer the OP, and me too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version