Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Photoshop Version - When?  (Read 3719 times)

BradSmith

New Photoshop Version - When?
« on: January 02, 2006, 06:43:50 pm »

I'm wondering when to expect the next version of Photoshop?  This relates to the question of whether I should upgrade Photoshop now or wait.   I've just upgraded my computer from a 400MHz G4 Mac to a dual core, 2.5 GHz G5 Mac.  I've been using Photoshop ver 7.

If the next version is due soon, I'm thinking I might as well wait for it, so I don't have to pay to upgrade twice in a reasonably short period of time.  But if it is still a long ways off, then I'm thinking I might as well upgrade now to CS2.

Any rumblings of when the next upgrade might occur?  and your advice is appreciated.
thanks
Brad

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 07:35:09 pm »

I'm wondering when to expect the next version of Photoshop?  This relates to the question of whether I should upgrade Photoshop now or wait.   I've just upgraded my computer from a 400MHz G4 Mac to a dual core, 2.5 GHz G5 Mac.  I've been using Photoshop ver 7.

If the next version is due soon, I'm thinking I might as well wait for it, so I don't have to pay to upgrade twice in a reasonably short period of time.  But if it is still a long ways off, then I'm thinking I might as well upgrade now to CS2.

Any rumblings of when the next upgrade might occur?  and your advice is appreciated.
thanks
Brad
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55046\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just get PS CS2. It is far more capable than v7. It will be a while (probably a year or more) until the next rev is released.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 08:14:49 pm »

Wasn't it a pretty short cycle from CS to CS2?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 08:59:23 pm »

The duration of the cycle isn't all that important a consideration. The sum of new features in CS2 versus PS7 makes the up-grade worthwhile for anyone who wants those features, not worthwhile if they don't want the features - it's pretty much as simple as that. Once you've bought a recent version, the up-grade cost is not prohibitive. So the relevant question at each up-grade: are the new features worth $150? Adobe usually packs-in enough to make sure they are!
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Peter McLennan

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 11:30:04 am »

I agree with Mark.  The leap from PS7 to PSCS2 is HUGE.

Peter

BradSmith

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 01:58:06 am »

Does anyone remember when CS 2 was released?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 02:15:52 am »

Photoshop CS2 shipped May, 2005 (actually April 29th is when some people got it-early). On average, new versions comes at about every 18 month...do the math.
Pages: [1]   Go Up