Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy / Apply Adjustments - can I do so selectively?  (Read 2552 times)

Dinarius

Copy / Apply Adjustments - can I do so selectively?
« on: January 20, 2015, 11:00:40 am »

Let's say I edit a load of images - all with individual edits.

At the end, I decide that there is one edit I want to apply globally - let's say Chromatic Aberration, for argument's sake.

So, I apply this change to the first image.

Now, can I select all and just apply this edit from this file to all the other images, without changing anything else about them?

Thanks.

D.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Copy / Apply Adjustments - can I do so selectively?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 11:17:20 am »

Sure, just use the Local Copy and Apply icon. In each tool there is a double sided arrow in the top right (next to the down-carrot icon) of the tool. Click it and select the things you want to copy and apply, or hold shift and click it to copy-apply anything in the tool that isn't a default.

You can also use the adjustments clipboard, combined with the Select Primary tool, and some keyboard shortcuts for some really useful (but advanced) workflows to selectively sync specific changes in large collections of images with minimal clicks. We teach those sorts of more advanced workflows in our Capture One Masters Program.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 11:22:17 am »

So, I apply this change to the first image.

Now, can I select all and just apply this edit from this file to all the other images, without changing anything else about them?

Hi,

Yes, you copy the settings of one file, then select multiple files and apply all or a selection of those settings from the first file that you want to replicate on others. There are several scenarios where you can do that and how you do that, so I recommend to have a look at the Tutorials and Workflow tips.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Dinarius

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 11:29:23 am »

Thanks for the replies.

So far, I've been copying and applying globally. That's no problem.

And, from Doug's answer, it would appear that applying one edit, from a given tool, via the double arrow, is no problem either.

So, my next question is, what if I want to apply edits from two or three tools, but no more than this, from one image to all other images?

In Lightroom, you would simply check those tools (leaving all the others unchecked) in the check box dialog.

What's the equivalent in C1?

Thanks again.

D.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:19:28 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

So far, I've been copying and applying globally. That's no problem.

And, from Doug's answer, it would appear that applying one edit, from a given tool, via the double arrow, is no problem either.

So, my next question is, what if I want to apply edits from two or three tools, but no more than this, from one image to all other images?

In Lightroom, you would simply check those tools (leaving all the others unchecked) in the check box dialog.

What's the equivalent in C1?

Thanks again.

D.

Doing the same thing with the [Copy and Apply] or the Adjustments Clipboard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up