Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AccuPhoto HD Grayed Out?  (Read 818 times)

Mark F

AccuPhoto HD Grayed Out?
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:57:49 pm »

I recently switched to a new iMac, the 5k Retina running 10.10.1.  I downloaded the new Epson driver of course and see that for some reason a couple of fields are grayed out and cannot be accessed. THese are the Print Mode and Color Mode fields. I've attached a screen shot. Fortunately the fields seem to have the choices I would want but since they're grayed out I'm not sure if those choices are being used. (Edit: I see the screen shot is very small. Don't know how to make it larger and easier to see but I think you can see the grayed out fields).

Also, even though I've calibrated the new monitor and have not changed my printer, paper or icc profile the soft-proofed prints are coming out too light, say about 1/2 stop.  Can't figure out why. Has anyone else had these problems with the Epson Yosemite driver?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:59:53 pm by Mark F »
Mark

Jager

• E vestigio
Re: AccuPhoto HD Grayed Out?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 06:50:28 am »

Mark, it looks like you've got a profile selected, i.e. you're letting Lightroom or Photoshop or whatever other image editing program you're using manage colors.  In order to un-gray those selections you need to select 'Managed by Printer.'

Dunno why your prints would be coming out too light.  I'm using Yosemite and didn't experience any problems with the Epson driver prior to switching to Cone inks a couple months ago.

Mark F

Re: AccuPhoto HD Grayed Out?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:57:41 pm »

Even with "Managed by Printer" turned on those two fields are grayed out. Very strange.
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up