Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF6300 trouble  (Read 865 times)

guisimões

iPF6300 trouble
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:57:37 pm »

I changed my old Epson for an iPF6300 and everything looks perfect, but the back of paper. It has a thin line of ink on the back.

I cleaned up the platen and has no ink there. It seems to apear during the printing, because it is over the entire length.

Anyone knows what to do?

Thanks very much.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: iPF6300 trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:41:06 pm »

Have you cleaned the area under the printheads path? The "blue switch" vents are there.  You get a lot of ink accumulation in that area.  Use an old toothbrush.

For instance, if you print a lot of 17" rolls on your 24" printer, there will be a of ink build up 17 inches to your left of orange arrow marks, where ink overspray is sucked around the 17" paper.

Also, open up the handle and clean the rollers.

Edit: uhoh!  Did you just move the printer?  The Canons can spill a lot of ink in that situation, I hope that didn't happen to you.  I'll let other people respond to that problem.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:43:55 pm by bill t. »

guisimões

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 12:40:45 pm »

Bill, thanks for your help... I think this dirty come from the first "blue swith" (the one near the print head) or the first vent hole. I cleaned it with a cloth, but has no ink there. I'll try with a brush like you said. But I still think that the ink appears during the print...

I didn't move the printer since I started to use it. It's brand new, I bought it last week.

I'll take a picture to show what happening...

Thanks again...

stockjock

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 02:49:10 pm »

Edit: uhoh!  Did you just move the printer?  The Canons can spill a lot of ink in that situation, I hope that didn't happen to you.  I'll let other people respond to that problem.

Do the printers spill ink even when you roll them on a flat surface?  I just bought an iPF8400 which I haven't set up yet but I was planning on installing it in one room and then possibly moving it to a different room in the future.  And the rooms are carpeted.  The wheels on the printer look small in the photos.  Will it even roll on carpet?

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 05:35:49 pm »

My 8300 laughs at mere carpet!  Neither pebbly concrete, nor ceramic floor tiles, nor padded carpet could keep it from the swift assumption of its appointed position.  Yer good to go.

Best to read the printer manual regarding simple moves, there is a whole list of recommended procedures graded by how jolting and tilting the anticipated move is going to be.

stockjock

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 08:03:02 pm »

My 8300 laughs at mere carpet!  Neither pebbly concrete, nor ceramic floor tiles, nor padded carpet could keep it from the swift assumption of its appointed position.  Yer good to go.

Best to read the printer manual regarding simple moves, there is a whole list of recommended procedures graded by how jolting and tilting the anticipated move is going to be.

I'll look at the manual but I don't really have any kind of threshold that the printer will have to move over so if the wheels roll on carpet it sounds like I should be fine.  And I can't imagine that the stand is so stiff that the printer doesn't move a bit when the print head is moving back and forth so some motion must be OK right?

guisimões

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 08:35:37 pm »

My printer is on the ceramic floor and I dind't know that was a problem... I thought I could move it when I wanted (respecting the angles).

By the way, Epson's manual is way better than Canon's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up