Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'best' adhesive fabric ?  (Read 2533 times)

howardm

'best' adhesive fabric ?
« on: January 15, 2015, 12:33:30 pm »

I'm interested in playing around w/ repositionable fabric.

I know of Perma-tex and Lexjet Print-n-stick and BC Art Peel already.

Anyone have any experience/product recommendation/suggestions on using them on a  painted wall?

My concerns are wall damage, good gamut/performance and prefer sheets up to 17" (although I could cut down 17/24" rolls
(dont want to buy a 100' roll to start)) to fit a 3880

John V.

Re: 'best' adhesive fabric ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:01:49 pm »

I just mentioned this the other day. See this thread: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=96736.0

I don't think any sticky fabric is able to rival traditional papers yet. I could be wrong, and hope I am. I Did just get some BC Art Peel in but have yet to play with it.

Lexjets sticky isn't that aggressive at all. I jsut peeled some off a painted wall. It's been there for months and it's fine.

I'm curious to know how people go about adding a coat of something on these fabrics... if any.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:06:53 pm by John Drew »

sunsetcoast

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 08:30:44 am »

The LexJet, Print N Stick fabric as they call it, looks even better when coated with a water based gloss coating.  It images the best because it's ultra smooth and bright white and doesn't fray when cutting.  I've found that Photo Tex is the exact opposite and more difficult to work with.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 09:31:33 am »

I use PhotoTex and the stuff is fantastic.
Repositionable with no paint damage.

I sprayed several with solvent based Clearstar FA 2000 and have the one stuck to Dibond as an outdoor sign for my business.
Still looks ok after a year.
Not meant for outdoor applications but cost was about $10.00 for that Phototex sign.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:53:11 pm by Dan Berg »

John V.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 10:35:07 am »

I've wondered if solvent based coatings would mess with the adhesive somehow, but never got around to experimenting.

I guess not...

The lexjet is definitely the smoothest, and I liked the actual feel of if the most, silky, but this was ruined by water based coatings. They all seemed to make for a very plastic/"diner menu" type look. Maybe I was laying it on too thick.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 11:11:44 am »

I forgot what coating I applied at one time on Phototex, and it did apparently affect the adhesive.  But otherwise, no problem using Phototex outdoors---I do it all the time and it holds up relatively well.

martin archer-shee

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 09:22:49 pm »

Like Dan, I have used Phototex and find it really good. Good as a fine paper ????? but not for the same purpose. Very good however.

Martin

jferrari

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 10:26:51 pm »

Like Dan, I have used Phototex and find it really good.

Do you have to protect it with some kind of spray or something? Or will it hold up without any protective treatment? Thanks.    - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up