Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to find prior front page images?  (Read 1846 times)

dreed

How to find prior front page images?
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:43:15 am »

Is it just me or is there no easy to locate link from the front page menu to prior front page images/gallery of images?

Cem

• Photographs
Re: How to find prior front page images?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:35:27 am »

I have been wondering about the same. Sometimes I run across a forum topic discussing one of those front page images but I can't find the images themselves. Which kind of invalidates those discussions as soon as the next image goes up.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 12:03:06 pm »

Front pages photos that I have made this year are available at the bottom as a link on the home page.  Unfortunately Michael's are not.

In a few weeks the new LuLa will launch and front page images will easily be available plus a few other bonuses.  So, stay tuned.  The all new LuLa is coming.  More information next week.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Cem

• Photographs
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 02:26:28 pm »

Thanks Kevin, I wasn't aware of the link at the bottom of the home page.
Cheers! :)

HSway

• Sunwaysite
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 10:42:29 am »

Ah good to know. I google-search for the blog to see them (not all can be found there).
As it happened there was a heated debate about some images. I am a bit late to the party, didn’t like the processing on Second Beach but eventually want to add my comment on Door and Windows, Mexico which I like a lot, FWIW (if not suitable admin please scratch it):

Door and Windows, Mexico

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/1photo-pages/kevin_rabers_published_hoe_page_images.shtml

The hazy, open, somewhat sketchy scene in the distance can be exactly just the one that works best for this composition (complex enough).
If this was shot again and some 'pretty picture' would be available for the alternative, this one would probably turned out better (and perhaps clearly so) in direct comparison. In any case I don’t force my view on anyone. But what's surprising to me, how strong argument some can form and take for granted despite having no direct comparison - yes, this really is needed for a critical discussion or decision making, not to mention my own strong inclination to this version over a busier, pretty-flowers-smiling-Sun-with-fairy-clouds picture for the distant scene in the window. Well yes there are grades in between perhaps but this one working so well in many respects would call for careful comparisons and then it still very much depends on the particular photographer/artist/intent.

I am just not getting the strong opinions without comparison and then I would very likely didn’t get them after when these are available either (the keyword here is strong). So considering the fact that I expect people here to be experienced and exacting when it comes to aesthetics I will repeat that it comes to me as a bit of a surprise. I looked at the picture for the third time now and feel each time the same about this (ha, and strongly) and I thought it worth noting.

Good weekend everyone,
Pages: [1]   Go Up