Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9890 on shelf?  (Read 779 times)

rogan

Epson 9890 on shelf?
« on: January 14, 2015, 01:06:08 pm »

I have an epson 9890 and am moving to a much smaller office. I use it maybe 1-2 times a month and wonder if it could set on a large shelf or table as oppose to the stand it came with?(I realize the table or stand will have to support the 250? isn pounds it weights

disneytoy

Re: Epson 9890 on shelf?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 01:12:42 pm »

I don't think there is anything mechanical on the bottom as long as you have access for thee paper to exit.

bgphoto

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 12:05:06 am »

That printer is a hog to be sitting on a shelf.

If I remember it took 3 of us to move the main machine.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 02:29:13 am »

As long as the shelf is heavy duty free standing, or a stable table, it should work...But if a wall shalf...you better get your stud finder and some sold hardware!
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Garnick

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 01:46:42 pm »

I have an epson 9890 and am moving to a much smaller office. I use it maybe 1-2 times a month and wonder if it could set on a large shelf or table as oppose to the stand it came with?(I realize the table or stand will have to support the 250? isn pounds it weights

Other than the obvious advantages of the stand there is another aspect to consider.  You may have noticed that as the printer is operating it also "sways" slightly end to end.  I've had three different Epson large format printers, all on stands.  They all "sway".  That movement is an excellent way of making sure the inks in the carts and lines are being very gentle agitated.  Therefore, much less apt to experience pigment settling.  Of course if you were to routinely(once a month) remove the carts and gently roll them in both directions I'm sure that would have the same effect.  However, under no circumstances should you SHAKE the carts.  The usage that you have indicated leads me to believe that a gentle agitation might be even more important.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up