Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do I do? Roll paper didn't cut? Epson 9890  (Read 1146 times)

disneytoy

What do I do? Roll paper didn't cut? Epson 9890
« on: January 12, 2015, 03:39:45 pm »

okay so far all my 16" roll prints cut fine. I have changed the settings it is set to cut the paper. But it completed a 36x40 print and now just says READY. It didn't cut it?

I don't want to ruin the print.

Any newbee advice?

Maxi

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: What do I do? Roll paper didn't cut? Epson 9890
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 04:33:01 pm »

You didn’t mention which printer, (my bad, didn’t notice printer model in title) but you should see a button with a cut symbol next to it, you should be able to hold that down and initiate a cut manually.  To be safe you may want to hit down error (if this is an epson) and move  little more paper out of the printer.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:32:44 pm by Wayne Fox »

disneytoy

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 04:38:59 pm »

Thanks I hand cut it uin a very uneligant way. I by accident turned the auto cut off in the driver, the printer display still indicated auto cut. Still learning the basics.

jferrari

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 08:06:38 pm »

Turn to page 68 in the User's Guide. Very straightforward and you will not damage your print. Just 3 keystrokes and into the catcher it goes.      - Jim

I should probably mention that I never use the Auto-Cut feature. When the print has finished I will manually invoke the cutter so that I can "catch" the print myself as opposed to letting it fall into the catcher or basket. This way I can transport the print immediately to the work table and cover it with laminating film. We have three cats. With hair. And even though they are not allowed in the studio their hair finds it way in and is determined to land on my clients' prints.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:31:27 pm by jferrari »
Nothing changes until something changes.

disneytoy

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 09:42:18 pm »

Thanks,

I'm a long time Epson user, but this is my first big boy. Not sure around the buttons. I didn't want to hit the sisser button and it cut the top of the 32x32" print.  I'll have to experiment with the settings.

After I released the vacuum I pulled the paper through and hand cut it wit a T-square. Trying to get the long roll wound up again was not easy. I hit the load button, but it seems the roll does not turn as fast as the leading edge retreats. Ended up bunching up in the roll enclosure. I should have just wounded it back by hand.

I'm just new, trying to figure things out.

Very impressed with the build quality of the 9890 I got for $2999. I know the canons are cheap but much more plasticy. I really like the roll paper feeding and can't waiut to run a full 22x30 sheet of Arches Water color paper through it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up