Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 5 Error Message  (Read 2519 times)

rafnam

Lightroom 5 Error Message
« on: January 12, 2015, 01:09:39 pm »

I have been using Lr 5 for one year The issue is that when a have selected a bunch of images and click on the Edit in Adobe Photoshop command, I sometimes get this error message: "AgStoreProviderSession: getEntityByID: id must be a number or string". I never encountered that issue when I was using Lr 4. I read that some people experienced the same problem, but I found no solution yet. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Lightroom 5 Error Message
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 04:40:06 pm »

Mac OS?  if so these type of messages are usually related to an issue with the installation of PS (which may require uninstalling and reinstalling),  corrupted .plist which can be reset with these instructions from adobe,  OS X LaunchServices  issues(which you can reset with this utility, Reset LaunchServices ,  or a second copy of Photoshop existing somewhere else on the system (usually a backup) which you can remedy by deleting the actual Photoshop application from the backup (but keeping all the other stuff which is all that needs to be backed up anyway).

rafnam

Re: Lightroom 5 Error Message
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »

Thank you, Wayne, for prompt replying. I work on Windows 7, but the issue may be the same. I searched on my computer's Program files and found I had remains of two old versions of PS. So I deleted this unnecessary stuff. That should give me a chance to avoid some issues like the one I mentioned in this topic. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up