Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image not matching paper  (Read 892 times)

canto

Image not matching paper
« on: January 11, 2015, 10:50:02 am »

I cannot seem to adjust image to paper size no matter what.
Frame is greyed out and image cannot "fill" the frame.
Why ?

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
Re: Image not matching paper
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 01:46:52 pm »

Well...

First, your screengrab does not show the area that controls print or paper size, so we cannot see what is going on there.
Second, if you want to fill the whole sheet of paper with the image (printing borderless) you are out of luck. Large format printers cannot print true borderless images.

Garnick

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 03:48:13 pm »

Well...

First, your screengrab does not show the area that controls print or paper size, so we cannot see what is going on there.
Second, if you want to fill the whole sheet of paper with the image (printing borderless) you are out of luck. Large format printers cannot print true borderless images.

Of course for the most part you are correct Geraldo.  Large format printers cannot print borderless at all on sheet material, but they can do so on roll stock on the two sides. One then has to trim the top and bottom accordingly.  I know you know that as well, but I simply wanted to make that point clear to the original poster.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 04:16:02 pm »

Of course for the most part you are correct Geraldo.  Large format printers cannot print borderless at all on sheet material, but they can do so on roll stock on the two sides. One then has to trim the top and bottom accordingly.  I know you know that as well, but I simply wanted to make that point clear to the original poster.

Gary

Sure! I knew someone would say that. :D
But, honestly, I don't know why they even bother to call that "borderless" if we have to trim some borders.

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »

But, honestly, I don't know why they even bother to call that "borderless" if we have to trim some borders.

^ +1
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

Garnick

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 04:36:37 pm »

And I knew someone would come back at my offering as well, and I agree with 50% of your response Geraldo.  Of course the reason I say 50% is that one only has to trim 50% of the borders, thus saving paper.  In my business that saving can add up rather quickly on certain jobs, but there are of course some advantages to leaving the borders/extra paper all round.  However, that can also become a bit of a pain in the wallet when the customer always expects that extra paper for reasons of their own.  It's true that I would seldom print my own work borderless, for various and I imagine obvious reasons.  That does not always hold true for customer work though, except when there's no other alternative(sheet sizes).  In that case I ask the customer of they want the extra paper left untrimmed.  In most case the answer is "yes", and I have no problem with that.  It all comes down to personal preferences obviously, but I certainly understand your point of view as well.  At least 50% ;^)

Gary         
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up