Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you export previews as low res JPGs? (need help please)  (Read 4461 times)

Daniel Salazar

Can you export previews as low res JPGs? (need help please)
« on: January 10, 2015, 03:00:31 pm »

Hi, I know everybody will say, you have to have a backup. This is my problem, my Promise Pegasus where the Time Machine is stored got corrupted :( Along with this the other Promise Pegasus that stores the RAW Files had a drive corrupted and had to force it online..... and the my backup got overwritten by mistake.

Anyhow, I have a problem because some of my vacation pictures that import the most to my kids, are gone.

As C1 generate "smart previews" I was looking for the cache files and found them, now I would like to know how can I convert those files into TIFFs or JPGS, is it possible?

Please help me with this.

Cheers,
Daniel

Daniel Salazar

Re: Can you export previews as low res JPGs? (need help please)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 07:12:33 am »

......nobody?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 08:32:01 am »

......nobody?

Hi Daniel,

I do not have an answer, but have you tried the Capture One forums?

It has probably something to do with the *.cof files, which are a kind of a JPEG, but not in the regular sense.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 09:41:03 am »

If you can open c1 and see the images as "offline" then you can use c1 to output the previews as jpgs.

In the output tab select "quick proof jpg" as the output type.

To the poster above: COF are focus-mask files. COP is the preview/cache/proxy file.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:43:33 am by Doug Peterson »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 10:24:33 am »

To the poster above: COF are focus-mask files. COP is the preview/cache/proxy file.

Doug, thank you for the info.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 08:37:35 pm »

If you can open c1 and see the images as "offline" then you can use c1 to output the previews as jpgs.

In the output tab select "quick proof jpg" as the output type.

Why was this seemingly small feature not promoted more?

This may not mean much to some, but to me, it's huge!!!
I never could understand why the previews (in any software) couldn't be used for something like emails and such.
Thanks Doug!

Doug Peterson

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 10:05:59 pm »

Why was this seemingly small feature not promoted more?

This may not mean much to some, but to me, it's huge!!!
I never could understand why the previews (in any software) couldn't be used for something like emails and such.
Thanks Doug!

There are literally dozen features like this. Too niche for general marketing, but incredibly useful to a specific kind of user. Moreover that feature has been available for many years, so it's hard to spend a lot of headline-time on it when a new release is made. For instance I mention it in passing in this C1 article I wrote for Smashbox Studios but since it's not a new feature I didn't harp on it much.

It's incredibly self serving but I highly recommend the COMP (Capture One Masters Program) that we teach in NYC. It covers so many features/tips/tricks/workflows you don't know that you don't know.

For example you can pair the QuickProof JPG with a workflow where a single keystroke generates a text message to your not-on-location art director with an attached small JPG, with "FPO" lightly superimposed and a file name available for traceability.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:08:57 pm by Doug Peterson »

Daniel Salazar

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 03:19:52 am »

Doug, you are great!! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help.

I contacted C1 Tech Support and I after several direct questions about this and almost begging them to tell me how to solve this huge issue I had, they just wrote:

"..the preview are not designed to be exported or used for high end use, sorry. If you can copy and use then as they are we are happy but apart from that we cannot assist in this matter with lost files. You can try to open and interpolate a bit bit u strongly doubt this will help you!"

Thank you!
Daniel

Doug Peterson

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 09:39:21 am »

Doug, you are great!! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help.

I contacted C1 Tech Support and I after several direct questions about this and almost begging them to tell me how to solve this huge issue I had, they just wrote:

"..the preview are not designed to be exported or used for high end use, sorry. If you can copy and use then as they are we are happy but apart from that we cannot assist in this matter with lost files. You can try to open and interpolate a bit bit u strongly doubt this will help you!"

Thank you!
Daniel

So everything worked? You got your files out (as quick proof jpgs which aren't perfect but are better than having nothing)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up