Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Centering images on Epson 4900...  (Read 820 times)

John Sarsgard

Centering images on Epson 4900...
« on: January 09, 2015, 02:49:41 pm »

I've read several threads on centering images on the 4900 and haven't found anything exactly like my situation.  I never have a problem with sheets, but am starting to use roll paper now.  For example, I just want to make a 10x15 print on 17 inch roll paper with a custom size of 17x12 specified.  If I just specify roll paper alone in the driver, the printer generously gives me extra top and bottom margins.  I have to trim every sheet to come up with a 10x15 print on 17x12 inch paper.  If I use a borderless option…retain size…the driver lets me specify "single cut" in the roll paper options and that makes the cut sheet just 17x12, which is what I want instead of something like 17x13.25.  Hooray!  Oops.  Celebrated too soon.  Now the image has moved over about 1/8 inch to the left so it is now not centered.  Is there a way I can trick this printer into centering an image on the paper size I specify when using roll paper?  Thanks! 

Ray R

Re: Centering images on Epson 4900...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 04:00:32 pm »

Not sure if this is the case, but have you taken into account the 3mm margin on the right, where the printer will not print on, when using 17 inch roll.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Centering images on Epson 4900...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:35:01 pm »

the printer will always allow extra space at top and bottom.  The only way to get the paper cut to size is enabling the double cut function.  Doesn’t save any paper, but the printer will cut the prints to size.
Pages: [1]   Go Up