Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-T1 vs X-E2  (Read 1640 times)

orc73

Fuji X-T1 vs X-E2
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:53:08 pm »

Hi

luminous landscape writes about the face detection on the x-t1 preview and states it is pretty good. I was able to check that out in a store and was impressed.
Is it the same on the X-E2?
The bundle with the kit lense goes at almost half the price now with the X-E2, so I consider choosing the X-E2. A proper working face detection like on the T1 will save me a lot of shots though and would be a reason to choose the T1(together with the ISO dial and flip screen).

Any other thoughts on that are welcome.

best regards

mshea

Re: Fuji X-T1 vs X-E2
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »

I have no experience with the X-T1, but I own the X-E2. I use it a great deal for shoot/skoot street work with the 14mm. I hold the camera at chest or waist level and I find that the face detection works brilliantly!

Merrill

orc73

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 11:42:32 am »

I further noticed on dpreview that image quality is best with the X-pro1(35mm), followed by the x-t1(56mm) and the quality of the E2(35mm) is far from that level.
At least in the test scenario from dpreview in raw.

In case of the x-t1 with the 56mm, the missing sharpness and detail in the hair and the green stuff could be because of the focal length and shallower dof.
The E2 though should be able to deliver the same dof as the x-pro1.
So I really wonder if there went something wrong.

Check yourselves:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t1/17
I did download the raw and compared in Lightroom. I also converted them in Phocus...which did get me much better results.

Such a pitty the x-pro1 does not have face recognition :(
The camera feels good in hands and is a beauty :)

robertvine

• http://www.robertvinephotography.com.au
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 02:38:27 am »

I also have an X-E2 and I can tell you that the face detection works very well - even with kids who are rarely still when there is a camera about! I use it with the kit lens because for me this camera is more about portability than all out image quality. The dpreview images look very close in quality, I'd go for the form factor that you prefer unless the X-T1 has a 'must-have' feature (for you) that the X-E2 doesn't.
Robert Vine
Darwin, Australia Canon 6D +
Pages: [1]   Go Up