Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Working With The Fuji 50-140mm Zoom Lens  (Read 2129 times)

Jonathan Cross

Working With The Fuji 50-140mm Zoom Lens
« on: January 07, 2015, 04:42:39 am »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the article; it is just what I wanted.  Along with many others, I am looking at my full frame DLSR vs mirrorless.  I have Fuji X kit and use as my walk round / travel kit now.   I still use my full frame kit though for some situations, e.g. wildlife where fast focus, focus tracking and burst mode are important.  Have you (or anyone else) tried this lens in such a situation, e.g. photographing diving gannets near a boat, and can show samples?  Michael's lava images are getting there, but the subject is stationery, even if the photographer is not really!

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

Neil_Brander

Re: Working With The Fuji 50-140mm Zoom Lens
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:06:23 am »

Hello Kevin,

I was wondering why you didn't include the Panasonic 35-100 F2.8 in your lens line-up.  It ways about 12 ounces and, I believe has gotten excellent reviews.  Coupled with a OM-1 or a GH4 it makes a compelling work around combo - don't you think?  Also, it seemed a little unfair to compare the Olympus 40-150 with the Fuji, given it has about a 100mm reach advantage?  That extra throw can be very useful!

Great article,

Neil

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 08:07:15 am »

The article was interesting it looks sharp I have to say rendering wise it's not hitting the spot for me somewhat edgy from images I've seen

JV

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 02:56:34 pm »

From the review by Ken Rockwell:

The Fuji XF 50-140mm OIS WR is the best APS-C telephoto zoom of any brand. It's optically superb, has fantastic image stabilization and is faster and better made than the others.

This is the very best telephoto zoom for the Fuji X-mount cameras. You could adapt LEICA or other lenses to the Fujis, but none will perform as well optically, and none will offer autofocus, EXIF data or diaphragm automation.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/fuji/x-mount-lenses/50-140mm.htm

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 07:06:26 am »

With respect Ken suggests it's a waste of time using non Fuji lenses on X Mount, but a lot of people disagree including myself.
As for his reviews well that's his take I've seen more objective reviews for lenses
Pages: [1]   Go Up