Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 9890 and different users on OS X  (Read 709 times)

eeep0

epson 9890 and different users on OS X
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:13:54 pm »

I just bought a 9890, and have had some issues getting it working. I am not new to these printers (I've had experience with 9800, 9880, 9890 and some of the desktop ones as well), but this is the first time I've owned one myself. The printer would rev up, spool out some of the paper from the roll, depending on the size of the image relative to the custom paper size would either print a little bit or not at all, then cut the paper. I checked all the settings like 8 times, made sure that the custom paper size width was the width of the roll of paper, that the printer recognized it was the correct width paper loaded, and then de-installed/re-installed the drivers and everything multiple times. Finally, I signed into a different user on the computer (the original one -- I made a new one to use specifically for printing/editing) and it worked fine. I deleted the new user completely, then made a new one. The new one gave me the same problem. I figure I'll just resign myself to using the original User on the computer, but thought I'd check in with you all first to see if anyone had any ideas. I'm using OS X Yosemite on an old iMac (2007). The computer was wiped clean pretty recently and there isn't much clutter on it. The driver and firmware are up to date, and I'm printing out of Photoshop CC (although I tried to print from LR with the same results).

Thanks in advance for any help.

howardm

Re: epson 9890 and different users on OS X
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 07:30:50 pm »

You might want to lopen the Console application and browse around to see if any error log gives more information.

Ditto, if you open a browser to http://localhost:631 you will end up on the web interface for the CUPS printing system (although
you may have to enable it first via a command line command).

have you checked the Sharing panel in System Prefs under Printer Sharing?  Things could be setup for only allowing the original user
to print.  There are lots of dark corners in the printing subsystem.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: epson 9890 and different users on OS X
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 01:33:50 pm »

You may want to clean out and reset the printing system, then re-install the drivers. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up