Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9900 - D130 Service Code  (Read 1533 times)

Garnick

9900 - D130 Service Code
« on: January 03, 2015, 11:15:54 am »

Hello all,

A few minutes ago I started up the 9900 as usual, loaded a sheet of paper and sent a test.  When I realized the print hadn't started I took a look and was set back by what I saw.  I should have written down all of the info, but I was so anxious to try a possible fix that I forgot to get all of the details.  One thing I did see was the "Call For Service" heading and the error code D130.  Also the suggestion to shut down and restart as a possible fix.  I did that and everything seemed to be OK, so I sent the test again.  Again, nothing.  Being a Mac user I opened SysPrefs and then to "Print & Scan" to check the the 9900's status there.  I did notice that the 9900 was no longer the default printer, but then remembered that I had previously used an older 1280 to print some docs.  I made sure that the 9900 was reset to default and closed SysPrefs.  Tried again with no success, no printing.  Back to SysPrefs "Print & Scan" and opened the 9900 print que.  There I found the three previous attempts for the test, so I cleared the que.  Everything has been working fine since then, but I'm wondering if anyone might know the exact description/reason for the D130 Error Code for the 9900.  I will admit that it did look rather ominous at first glance.

Gary 
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

datro

Re: 9900 - D130 Service Code
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:28:26 pm »

Here's the full error text you will see with a D130:
"CALL FOR SERVICE - Code D130 - Power off and then on.  If this doesn't work, note the code and call for service."

Not really that much information >:(.  The Field Repair Guide says DXXX errors are CPU errors and related to the Main Board or Firmware.  The suggested remedy is to re-install firmware.

I've had two of these in 6 years with my 7900 (within about a month of each other in 2011).  In each case I did nothing more than powering off and back on.  I would ignore it for now; if you have more of them then maybe re-install the latest firmware or call Epson.  I suspect AC power fluctuations might be one cause of these type of errors but that is just a hunch.

Dave

Garnick

Re: 9900 - D130 Service Code
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 04:02:21 pm »

Here's the full error text you will see with a D130:
"CALL FOR SERVICE - Code D130 - Power off and then on.  If this doesn't work, note the code and call for service."

Not really that much information >:(.  The Field Repair Guide says DXXX errors are CPU errors and related to the Main Board or Firmware.  The suggested remedy is to re-install firmware.

I've had two of these in 6 years with my 7900 (within about a month of each other in 2011).  In each case I did nothing more than powering off and back on.  I would ignore it for now; if you have more of them then maybe re-install the latest firmware or call Epson.  I suspect AC power fluctuations might be one cause of these type of errors but that is just a hunch.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  Actually, I just threw this out there thinking it would probably not elicit any replies, since I had no memory of having seen anything on this forum concerning this code within the past 5 years.  I've been working with the 9900 for almost 5 years and this is the first time I've seen it.  I will admit that I was rather taken aback when it popped up, and I was so anxious to do the reboot tango that I forgot to record all of the message.  Thanks for passing that along, but I hope I'll never encounter it again.  At least now I know there's at least one person who has enjoyed the pleasure of coping with the dreaded "Error Code".  Thanks again for the reply Dave, much appreciated.

Gary   
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up