Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intuos Pen and Touch or Intuos Pro?  (Read 1400 times)

aebolzan

• agustinbolzan
Intuos Pen and Touch or Intuos Pro?
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:04:03 am »

I am looking for a tablet for working with Lightroom 5. In principle I thought about the Intuos Pro Small, but after some search in the web, I found that some people favour the more economical Pen and Touch for the case of photographic retouching....they use to say that 1024 pressure levels are enough and there is not necessary the quality of the Pro line for works with Photoshop or LR when the purpose is just processing images, not digital design......as the price difference is significant, I wonder if it is actually a good decision to get the Pen and Touch instead of the Pro.....yes, there are less ExpressKeys, but I think that the use of radial menu could replace them.....any comment?
thank a lot in advance!

Agustin

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
Re: Intuos Pen and Touch or Intuos Pro?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:46:24 am »

Aside from the differences you already described, the Intuos Pen and Touch line also lacks tilt recognition and does not come with a wireless kit. Both of these options are standard with the Intuos Pro line.

I've been using Wacom products for over 15 years. I own a Wacom Cintiq, Intuos Pro and Wacom's new portable tablet the Cintiq Companion. IMHO the move from 1024 to 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity or tilt sensitivity make little difference to basic photo editing. When you begin adding artistic elements to your photos to create photographic compositions or graphic design work, these tools are very valuable.
Gerald J Skrocki

aebolzan

• agustinbolzan
Re: Intuos Pen and Touch or Intuos Pro?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 11:51:29 am »

Aside from the differences you already described, the Intuos Pen and Touch line also lacks tilt recognition and does not come with a wireless kit. Both of these options are standard with the Intuos Pro line.

well, I was thinking about buying the wireless kit for the Pen and Touch....so there would be no major improvement when getting the Pro instead of the P&T....for working with LR...

Agustin
Pages: [1]   Go Up