Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop help!!!  (Read 4077 times)

maber

Photoshop help!!!
« on: December 27, 2005, 05:16:34 pm »

Hello,
I am new on this site...
There is a procedure I did in Photoshop while back and I can't remember how I did it...
Let's say you have a group of images which have the same characteristics, color, saturation, etc...
You correct one of them with a succession of corrective layers in order to obtain a good print on your printer.
You now would like to save these layers as some kind of filter in order to apply it and print all the other images of that group the same way...
Somewhat I was able to have a soft proofing profile saved made of layers in my proof set up..but I do not remember how I did it...
It is turning me crazy...I tend to get rather obcessive when I don't remember something...
Thank you

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
Photoshop help!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 06:16:51 pm »

I am not sure exactly what you are asking, but perhaps you may be thinking of an action?

You can simply record the steps -- adding the separate adjustment layers and making the required settings in each -- into an action you then save.  You can then call this action up and run it on individual images or batch-process a folder full of images with it.

Jack
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

maber

Photoshop help!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 11:08:06 pm »

I am not sure exactly what you are asking, but perhaps you may be thinking of an action?

You can simply record the steps -- adding the separate adjustment layers and making the required settings in each -- into an action you then save.  You can then call this action up and run it on individual images or batch-process a folder full of images with it.

Jack
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=54450\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you Jack for answering to me...
and what you suggested could be an answer to my problem...
However I did that thing while back and i read it it somewhere..did not invent it...but I was able to save a .psf file in the proof setup menu...
i have a 1280 epson and i am/was not happy with the end results...so I tweaked an image until i obtained really what i wanted to appear in the print correcting through layers...somewhat I was able to save these in the proof setup so I can call it anytime..
since then i changed equipment and i am not able to redo that same command..
it's a mystery!!!
Thank you
marc

MartinA

Photoshop help!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 10:09:38 am »

You can also duplicate the corrections to other images by opening both the corrected image and the new one and then dragging and dropping the layers you from corrected imaged to the new one.  If your corrections entail several layers, you can group them as a layer set in the corrected image and then drag and drop the layer set to the new image.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Photoshop help!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:26:42 am »

However I did that thing while back and i read it it somewhere..did not invent it...but I was able to save a .psf file in the proof setup menu...
Which is completely useless for what you're trying to accomplish. Proof setup only simulates what the image will look like printed on a media type with a particular printer; it makes no changes to the image itself and is not an image editing tool.

You'd be far better off shooting RAW and learning how to apply conversion settings to a group of RAW files. Screwing around with proof setups is a complete waste of time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up