Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Florida sunrise, sunset, and moonrise. Feedback wanted!  (Read 894 times)

Hoag

Florida sunrise, sunset, and moonrise. Feedback wanted!
« on: January 01, 2015, 11:36:40 pm »

The first picture is a shot of the sun rising over Sunglow Pier in Port Orange, FL.  The second, of a sunset over the Intercoastal Waterway.  And the nighttime shot is of the Dunlawton Bridge over the Intercoastal Waterway in Port Orange, Florida.

Let me know which you like, and why or why not!  I have taken up photography in the past few months (using a Nikon D3200 with the kit 18-55mm lens currently) and have been enjoying it immensely, I appreciate any feedback or criticism to help me progress, thanks! Also, knowing that I am using a kit lens if you could point out specific areas where color/contrast/clarity could be improved I would appreciate the help in developing a more keen eye for detail.

Happy New Year!

Bryan

thierrylegros396

Re: Florida sunrise, sunset, and moonrise. Feedback wanted!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 03:26:31 am »

The two first are nice but don't have special character.

The third is more interresting, but I would crop some of the top to have the sun higher in the frame.

All three are well processed.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:48:54 am »

I like the waves in the first picture and also the pier structure and seagull against the red sky. But I like these type of shots with more pop.
With your permission, I made some some changes - lightened the beach, saturated the colors slightly, and increased the contrast.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 09:06:11 am »

All good technically, and great skies and colours.

Some of the strongest landscapes work in a foreground subject, a leading midground, and an engaging background. #3 has some of this kind of movement in the bridge.

Hoag

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 05:57:05 pm »

Thank you all for the feedback!

Les, I really like the additional contrast and the lighter beach in foreground, thank you for taking the time! It was very helpful to see how someone else would edit the same picture.

Thierry, I agree the first two were more spectacular in person than they are photographs.  And the third shot was of a full moon rising and and just disappearing in to the clouds, taken at a riverside park on my way home from work one evening.  I wish I could go back and retake that shot with the horizon centered instead of the moon!  Lessons to be learned for next time I suppose, thank you for the feedback it helps to shape my critical eye.

Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up