Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for Canon IPF Printer Owners  (Read 1414 times)

Jofish

Question for Canon IPF Printer Owners
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:05:31 pm »

After being in storage for a year, I am trying to revive my Canon IPF6350 printer. I have replaced both print heads and installed all new ink cartridges. All sounds and appears to be normal, but I am now receiving "Paper size not detected" error messages for both roll and cut sheets. No amount of adjustments to the paper profile seem to help, including changing the skew sensitivity to "Loose" or "Off. Suspecting the multi-sensor on the printhead assembly, I removed and cleaned it, but without success.

Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution? Or any ideas on how to isolate the problem and repair?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Joe

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Re: Question for Canon IPF Printer Owners
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 02:36:49 pm »

So, in this condition, will it even calibrate?

Maybe this manual will help you find & clean the sensors. See page 2-91.
~ CB

Jofish

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:49:51 pm »

Chris:

Appreciate the link to the service manual.

It appears that the suggested remedy for this error is to "reload the paper". I've done this numerous times,  using the different paper paths, with no resolution.

My observation when the paper is loading is that the paper lines up correctly with the platen, but when I would expect it to start printing, it stops with the error code I mentioned.

I believe I'll try either the "Service Mode>Adjust>Gap Calib", whatever that does, re-seating the printheads, or replacing the multi-sensor (assuming that this is where the problem lies.

Thanx for the help!

Joe

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 06:58:34 pm »

Joe, was your printer properly shut down for storage? If I recall, the control panel has something for long-term storage and/or moving the printer.

Also, was your printer covered to help shield against dust and/or rodents? (I'm just guessing here as to what happened could possibly happen to your printer during storage that would cause this).
~ CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up