Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media type for Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural Matte? (OS X, Epson 4900)  (Read 1259 times)

Jan Morales

• Jan Morales Photography

I will be trying out Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural Matte, and I'm wondering what media type to use. I'm on OS X 10.10 and printing on an Epson 4900 with the latest Epson driver.

The Epson web site says that the thickness of Exhibition Canvas Natural Matte is 19 mil and for Exhibition Canvas Matte it's 23 mil. However, when you download the profile information for both media, it says to select Watercolor Paper Radiant White as the media type for both. It also says to select 3 (0.1mm) for paper thickness for both.

The printer driver has a media type of Exhibition Canvas Matte only, not a separate one for the natural media. Should I use the media type Exhibition Canvas Matte to print on the Exhibition Canvas Natural Matte media? What is the correct media type setting?

Thanks for any help!

Randy Carone

Re: Media type for Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural Matte? (OS X, Epson 4900)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:05 pm »

The PDF file that is part of Epson's profile zip file specifies Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper as the media type.
Randy Carone

Jan Morales

• Jan Morales Photography
Re: Media type for Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural Matte? (OS X, Epson 4900)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 10:18:47 pm »

The PDF file that is part of Epson's profile zip file specifies Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper as the media type.

I just downloaded the zip file again to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. The PDF document (Epson_SP4900_Exhibition_Canvas_Natural_Matte_MK_v3.pdf) says that the media type should be set to Watercolor Paper - Radiant White. The document is copyright 2013, so I'm guessing it was written before Exhibition Canvas Matte was included directly in the printer driver.

I guess my question is whether the Exhibition Canvas Matte media type setting in the printer driver applies to both the regular and natural versions of this media?
Pages: [1]   Go Up