Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repair service for Epson in Baltimore - Washington DC area  (Read 1307 times)

alan a

Repair service for Epson in Baltimore - Washington DC area
« on: January 01, 2015, 01:31:22 am »

As described in a different thread, I recently had problems with my Epson 7900.  I ultimately decided to not repair it, but replace it with a Canon.  However, over the course of several days I had a number of conversations with various repair technicians.   Let's start with Decision One, as they are authorized warranty repair service for Epson.  It was clear that none of these folks knew for sure what was wrong with my printer, as it could be three or four different problems.  Decision One wanted to start with the print head.  That repair is nuts IMHO, as it comes close to the cost of a new printer.  So what if you want to start with a less costly part, like the cap?  Well, if Decision One installs it, you own it.  And if that didn't solve the problem, tough.  You move on to the next part.  And they charge you for that as well.  I assume that through trial and error, Decision One would finally identify and charge you for the correct solution.  But if they install and try several other parts first -- that you did not need -- you pay for those as well.  That is why the dispatcher for Decision One told me that they quote a price for a repair that potentially includes all possible parts.  

Several local dealers instead recommended Kathy Stinson --

Kathy Stinson
Computers Cleaners Plus
(410) 935-7878
ksik@aol.com

Kathy has been repairing Epson for 25 years.  Based only on several phone conversations, I would highly recommend her.  For starters, if Kathy installed the cap and it didn't solve the problem, she would remove the new part, not charge you for it, and put your old part back on the printer.  Especially if you don't want to move to the extravagantly expensive repairs, like the print head.

Again, neither Kathy nor Decision One ever visited my home to repair the 7900 because I decided to cut my losses and buy a Canon.  But if you need an Epson repaired and you live in the Washington DC/Baltimore area, I would strongly suggest you call Kathy first.  Especially if the printer is no longer covered by the Epson warranty, and you have to pay for the repair yourself.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:34:07 am by alan a »
Pages: [1]   Go Up