Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad CF-39 back date and time issues  (Read 1836 times)

imagist

Hasselblad CF-39 back date and time issues
« on: December 31, 2014, 07:46:01 pm »

Good day. I recently acquired a used CF-39 back. I'm generally happy with the back. However the back doesn't seem able to maintain date and time. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this back. Is there an internal battery for the calendar/clock? I can't find any information in the manual; and can't get a response from Hasselblad. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

imagist

Re: Hasselblad CF-39 back date and time issues
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 11:58:49 am »

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

My H3DII had the same problem which was fixed with a firmware update.

Thank you. I did check the firmware; and it appears to be the latest; R 2.67. Any other ideas?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 12:42:40 pm »

yes, there is an internal battery that can give problems. Try using it tethered for a while. I have had similar issues with it as well with my CF and this did the trick. Did make me wonder whether this internal thingy was rechargeable or not. I did not have to replace it and the problem was gone, it never returned.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:45:15 pm by Dustbak »

Chris Gahran

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 06:47:48 pm »

It can take a few days of being tethered to recharge the battery. Of course the battery will drain even with the back turned off as it must maintain the clock and settings. While it does not mention a battery, "Date & Time" on page 46 of the CF Users Manual gives a little information. (It's a 67 page PDF you can find by doing a Google search.)

I've never tried putting the back away with a fully charged Sony battery attached (CF back not turned on) but it might work to charge the clock battery. Maybe you could try it overnight to see if it adds a charge but I would expect that process to take a week or so to charge the clock battery.

imagist

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:28:05 pm »

It can take a few days of being tethered to recharge the battery. Of course the battery will drain even with the back turned off as it must maintain the clock and settings. While it does not mention a battery, "Date & Time" on page 46 of the CF Users Manual gives a little information. (It's a 67 page PDF you can find by doing a Google search.)

I've never tried putting the back away with a fully charged Sony battery attached (CF back not turned on) but it might work to charge the clock battery. Maybe you could try it overnight to see if it adds a charge but I would expect that process to take a week or so to charge the clock battery.

Thank you kindly. I have been storing the back on the camera and with the Sony battery attached. Doesn't seem to charge the internal. However I have been simply turning the camera on several times per day and letting cycle off. That does seem to accomplish some amount of trickle charge; as the date and time are now advancing as expected. It seems the system does require "use" for the internal battery to hold any sort of charge.
Probably somewhat due to age of the internal.

I do have a pdf of the manual. I'll take a look at the page you referenced. Thanks again. At least I gaining some understanding of the unit and its required maintenance. Thanks again.

imagist

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 12:19:03 pm »

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

My H3DII had the same problem which was fixed with a firmware update.

Thanks. I'll try and check that out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up