Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Grand Canyon  (Read 2791 times)

sierraman

The Grand Canyon
« on: December 29, 2014, 11:49:45 pm »

Stopped by over Christmas. Each time I visit it's like the first time. New views and colors to see throughout the canyon.

masl

Re: The Grand Canyon
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:34:43 pm »

Nice shots and I agree that it never 'gets old'.  You hiked back up South Kaibab in the dark or went on down to Phantom Ranch?  I was there over Christmas as well, wonderful time of year to be there save the shortness of the days...
-Mark
[font="Verdana"][/font]Too much gear and

Telecaster

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:13:28 pm »

Yep. I've never been to Grand Canyon National Park without a camera, but oddly enough I never take that many photos during my visits. IMO you have to see it for yourself. Photos can capture a bit of it, but the you are here sense of depth and near-overwhelming scale…nah.

Spent eight days there last March.

-Dave-

sierraman

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 10:36:28 pm »

Yep. I've never been to Grand Canyon National Park without a camera, but oddly enough I never take that many photos during my visits. IMO you have to see it for yourself. Photos can capture a bit of it, but the you are here sense of depth and near-overwhelming scale…nah.

Spent eight days there last March.

-Dave-
I agree Dave that the first time you see the Grand Canyon it can almost overwhelm you trying to photograph it. It's so big and there are so many different photo op's sometimes its hard to know where to start. For me as a landscape photographer I never get tired of coming here!  :)

651roy

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:20:34 pm »

So very true that each visit brings a new sense of the "Grand" Canyon. Have been able to visit the South and North visitor centers and views are mesmerizing!

BUT I keep going back to Tuweep (Toroweap), a very narrow portion of the canyon with great access to shear walls and veiws down the river both east and west. Both sunrise and sunset grandeur. Even the campground (aprox. one mile from the overlook) is a great site, IMHO. (dry camping-no water, pit toilets, 60miles dirt road, 9 sites + one group site)

Not sure about winter access due to road contions etc. Later April/early May was green with lots of flowers starting to bloom!

Hope to get back this year!

Respilot

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 10:58:33 pm »

I love them all beautiful shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up