Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locations on route from Montreal (Quebec) to NYC ?  (Read 2271 times)

arch9876

Locations on route from Montreal (Quebec) to NYC ?
« on: December 28, 2014, 12:56:16 am »

I will be driving from Montreal (Canada) down to NYC soon, and I was wondering if anyone knows of some good spots to snap some photos along the way adirondacks etc... I do not want to stray too far off the I-87, but please suggest a couple of good locations if you know any. Also, is there a photography guide/service/tour that someone has used around up there outside of NYC in northern NY state ?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you.   

arch9876

Re: Locations on route from Montreal (Quebec) to NYC ?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 12:59:13 am »

Oh...I should also ask about Vermont as well, same questions.

arch9876

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:16:17 am »

Anybody?

:)

cm_MURRAY

• My Flickr Page
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:04:43 am »

It may be too late, but there are lots of good landscape opportunities if you get off I-87 on exit 30 and take Route 73 through Keene Valley towards Lake Placid / Saranac.  Rt 73 is lined with many trailheads and small parking areas for hikers.  This time of year there are usually ice climbers too as there are a few waterfalls and many steep icy ledges along this route.  This is the high-peaks region of the Adirondacks, the most beautiful region in all of NYS (in my opinion).
- Chris

arch9876

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:30:20 pm »

Dually noted!

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your pointing me in the right direction. 

It may be too late, but there are lots of good landscape opportunities if you get off I-87 on exit 30 and take Route 73 through Keene Valley towards Lake Placid / Saranac.  Rt 73 is lined with many trailheads and small parking areas for hikers.  This time of year there are usually ice climbers too as there are a few waterfalls and many steep icy ledges along this route.  This is the high-peaks region of the Adirondacks, the most beautiful region in all of NYS (in my opinion).
- Chris

Pages: [1]   Go Up