Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to filter library view by "exposure bias" value?  (Read 2335 times)

AFairley

How to filter library view by "exposure bias" value?
« on: December 24, 2014, 04:02:46 pm »

Like the title says, I would like to filter by the "Exposure Bias" (what Lightroom calls exposure compensation) value.  I can make exposure bias appear in the metatdata panel and in the info toggle, but I can't see a way to add it as one of the metadata fields in the metatdata filter, nor have I been able to design any text search in the text filter that returns accurate results (whether I search all fields, metadata, or EXIF).  Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

(The background is that I have tons of autobracketed shots; I would like to, say, filter them so that only the +1 shots are displayed.)

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: How to filter library view by "exposure bias" value?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:17:07 pm »

Hi,

Lightroom itself does not allow (unfortunately) to build your own custom search criteria, even if the data is available in the database (LR Catalog)

Having said that, there is at least one plugin that allows you to do that:

Anyfilter

You can download a 30 days free trial to test it before buying it.

I just tried it creating a filter with the exact criteria you mentioned and it worked fine

Note: I have no affiliation with the vendor, I just googled for it. There might be other providers

AFairley

Re: How to filter library view by "exposure bias" value?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 07:33:02 pm »

Thanks Frank, that looks like it will do just what I want now and more in the future.  Looks like I'll be giving myself a Christmas present.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up