Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Living with the Fuji X-T1  (Read 24830 times)

barryfitzgerald

Re: Living with the Fuji X-T1
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 09:18:50 pm »

Only a rumor at this stage but supposedly there would be a new flash from Fuji in the spring of 2015 with HSS and wireless:
http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-flash-will-come-in-spring-2015-guide-no-50-and-wireless-control-trusted-source/

I heard that and evidently Metz are making them which I don't have a problem with as I use Metz right now (good flashes)
I'll see how "X" pans out it's interesting and I like most of what's coming out

But I am not likely to switch for a few reasons, a while back I said the blessing and bane of ILC's was their ability to accept many lenses via adapters and this is great for users, but it might also rob OEM makers of valuable and profitable lens profits (where margins are supposedly much better) I'm surprised the LL hasn't picked up on this if lenses mostly drive profits for the big makers then ILC makers could be in for a rough ride it seems almost like a self defeating concept. I can't use Fuji X lenses on my A mount stuff so I have little incentive to buy lenses for X mount. Unless I made the choice to switch over entirely there isn't a lot of cash to be made from folks like me.

I won't rule it out longer term but the X range lacks third party support too and that's a problem as well hopefully things will improve over time
I can see the appeal for those who travel, or want a smaller package to lug about. APS-C is fine too but then the crop lens range will limit things for Fuji if they ever go FF at some point. In contrast most of my A mount lenses are full frame. Lots of choices maybe too many but interesting times no doubt

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2015, 11:08:17 am »

Metz filed for bankruptcy back in November so that may effect things.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2016, 01:33:11 am »

Stephen,

A very nice image!

Best regards
Erik

Kevin,
Thanks for writing what I think is the best LuLa article to date this year. Like you, I started with the wonderful X-Pro1, which is still in my bag and which I use frequently, especially with the Fuji 14mm and 23 mm primes.

The X-T1 is the more versatile of the two cameras, as it's EVF provides greater and more useful functionality with the advent of the really fine Fuji zooms. Like you, I shoot with the 18-55 a majority of the time, and occasionally with the 55-200. I will be getting the 50-140 once the motorsports racing starts up again in 2015, as I do professional motorsports photojournalism for a racetrack in Northern California. Additionally, I really like the enhancements the recent firmware update brought to the camera; Fuji brought significant new enhancements with that release.

Your thoughts, experiences, and conclusions about the Fuji X-T1s design, operation, user interface parallel my own exactly. As someone who learned photography with an Olympus OM-1 and manual focus lenses, I love the rotary dial and aperture ring control sytem. IMO, the X-T1 is fully capable professional workhorse with an ever expanding set of beautiful lenses to provide a very high level of performance in a wide range of use scenarios and applications. I look forward to them working with Metz to bring a proper TTL flash system online, and the implementation of the Fuji X Professional Services (FPS) in 2015.

I also own and use the very fine Olympus OM-D E-M1. I principally use it with the excellent Panasonic f/2.8 zooms, the 12-35 and 35-100. But like you, when I reach for a bag these days, it's the Fuji 90% of the time.

Today I will be putting up some landscape images I've taken with the X-T1 this year in another posting, but here's one from my trip to the Grand Tetons in October.

Thanks for the article.
Erik Kaffehr

Tony Jay

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2016, 04:54:45 am »

Stephen,

A very nice image!

Best regards
Erik
I'm with Eric here!
No idea about the camera but that is a stunning image!

Look forward to seeing more...

Tony Jay

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 10:34:50 am »

I'm with Eric here!
No idea about the camera but that is a stunning image!

Look forward to seeing more...

Tony Jay

Wow Eric and Tony - you're commenting on a post that was made two years ago......

Jim

Tony Jay

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2016, 04:53:31 pm »

Wow Eric and Tony - you're commenting on a post that was made two years ago......

Jim
I didn't realise the image had a view-by-date... :o

Tony Jay

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2016, 04:56:21 pm »

I didn't realise the image had a view-by-date... :o

Most images produced and consumed today on smart phones do have view-by-date, which would be about 15 sec after posting on social media. Timeless images, however... :)

Tony Jay

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2016, 05:16:43 pm »

Most images produced and consumed today on smart phones do have view-by-date, which would be about 15 sec after posting on social media. Timeless images, however... :)
I do own a smartphone.
Never quite been able to bring myself to use it as a camera though...

I don't know what that means for what I shoot though.
I have certainly shot a lot of rubbish that would not even warrant 15s consideration on social media or otherwise.
Thankfully, though, I have shot some interesting and worthwhile stuff over the years.

Also, interestingly, I have a friend who was a press photographer who now shoots mainly sports for Getty and also works independently for certain press agencies. He uses his smartphone a lot, on a day-by-day basis, and shoots whatever catches his eye. The IQ is not what his DSLR produces but as an exercise in framing and composition he certainly keeps his hand in.

I think there might be a lesson there...

Tony Jay
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up