Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Pictorico White Gloss Film?  (Read 607 times)

Some Guy

Problem with Pictorico White Gloss Film?
« on: December 23, 2014, 09:46:37 pm »

Got a package of this stuff, A3+ size (13x19).  Expensive at $95 for 20 sheets with tax and shipping included.

The instructions say "To print on the side facing you with the notch in the upper right corner."  There's a diagram too.  Yep, small notch there and no problem - or so I thought.

My "Wet sticky finger test" said the back was sticky (Ink side???), while the instructions said the side facing me was ink side.  I decided my wet sticky finger test was maybe wrong for this film and printed it "their way" (i.e Notch in upper right corner.  And sticky side to the back in the Epson 3880.).

Big mess!  Ink ran all over the surface and it remains wet a long time - hours!  Someone screwed up the notching at the factory maybe.  Seems my "Wet sticky finger test" was right after all as to which side was the printable side.  Live and learn.

Be careful with this glossy stuff 'cause it must fool even the factory!

Oh, the OBC portion of profiling this stuff with the i1 PhotoPro 2 gave me two different OBC possibilities:  One with a blue photoflood (Measured 4,380K) came out as L, K, J, K
and under a 5,280K Ott light it was E, C, E, E.  Best guess was to average if out to H, G, H, H for the corrective OBC profile.  OBC with the i1 isn't as straightforward as I'd like.

SG

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: Problem with Pictorico White Gloss Film?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 11:22:57 am »

What's interesting, is that you may have inadvertently discovered the IDEAL printing surface to transfer inkjet prints to wood.

If that Pictorio doesn't dry quickly at all, it could be very useful in certain cases.

Crazy guy in the video, and I know, you'll say too expensive to use Pictorio but when only the best will do, LOL:

TRANSFER PRINT TECHNIQUE
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up