Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC PA272W interface question.  (Read 1750 times)

Peter C Wright

NEC PA272W interface question.
« on: December 23, 2014, 05:40:44 pm »

I am planning to upgrade my 2009 iMac and 23" Apple Cinema monitor sometime soon.  I would like to use an NEC PA272W as the main monitor and keep my 23" Cinema as the secondary monitor as it is now.  I don't want to get more computer than I need and am thinking of the new Mac Mini.  However, I don't want to tie up both the TB2 interfaces the mini has with the two monitors and I'm wondering if I can avoid this by using the HDMI interface on the Mac to connect to the NEC.  Will this still allow full functionality of the monitor?  Does anyone know? Any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
Peter.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: NEC PA272W interface question.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 06:00:23 pm »

Yeah, but only at 30Hz. But I think you can also connect ACD 23" to HDMI via HDMI2DVI converter
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Peter C Wright

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 06:15:46 pm »

I don't use the setup for movies (occasional Utube video excepting), video games, or video editing.  So 30Hz should work fine for my photography.  No?

I hadn't thought of connecting the ACD via HDMI.  That would be a similar option.

Peter C Wright

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 09:43:39 am »

I solved my problem.  After contacting Apple and NEC (who were both very prompt and helpful) I connected the Apple to the Mac Mini via HDMI (Apple told me which adaptor to order), and the NEC via one of the Thunderbolt ports.  Everything works wonderfully! javascript:void(0);

I got the 'white' Spectra Vision II version.  It is actually very similar in colour to the Mac equipment and fits right in.  Interestingly, even non photographers have made unsolicited favourable comments on the NEC.  The Mini seems more than sufficient for its duties as well, so this could be the set up for a while to come.
Pages: [1]   Go Up