Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calibrating a Samsung XL30... somehow in Win7x64. Anyone?  (Read 13031 times)

lhodaniel

Re: Calibrating a Samsung XL30... somehow in Win7x64. Anyone?
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 01:43:00 pm »

Well, the HP-branded i1 Display Pro is $320...ouch! Maybe you could call HP and ask if a standard i1 DP would work. As I recall, the XL30 differed from the XL20 and 24 in that you could plug the colorimeter directly into the monitor and not need software. This is how the Dreamcolor 27" works. Are you plugging directly into the monitor or the computer using the software? HP specifically states that the software won't work on the 27" Dreamcolor...only on the smaller ones.

My XL20 malfunctioned at the end with the calibrate light staying on. It wouldn't accept NCE 2.0 even though the software worked at that time and OS level. I stopped usinmg it at that time, because it also began showing red-green banding across the screen. Not a big deal for me: I got it on closeout at B&H for $300. I would have been upset had I payed full boat, as you undoubtedly are.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 08:01:19 pm »

I tried plugging into the side ports, and the 2 next to the DVi... it doesn't recognize it. There is a USB "squarish" /B connection. This is where I think I have to plug a USB device cable to get the USB ports to work as a simple hub.

Dreamcolor may have a direct plugin to the LUT?, But I don't think the XL24 or Xl30 do.

Maybe I can borrow or rent a Dreamcolor calibrator just to rule it out.  What a shame/sham Samsung has left us high and dry over a licensing issue. The software wants to work, but its blocked.

If I could break the sw I would.  But I think I have to have the same system with same card running the same video card to calibrate it on the 32bit system then swap it over to the 64bit!?? Or somehow unlock the LUT on the monitor itself?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

lhodaniel

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 01:58:22 pm »

You could run x32 in a VM to do the NCE calibration. Then copy the profile over to the x64. A pain, but should work.

Lloyd

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2015, 05:08:46 pm »

Thats what I thought...But I have VM WinXPx32 installed on the Win7x64, ..

After I select Attach for the EyeOne/USB, It says the monitor is not compatible with NCE. For further info visit samsung.com

But its the only time the NCE stays open with all the screens I can select options. I just can't select Start as it is grayed out.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up