Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing multiple pictures  (Read 1010 times)

orc73

importing multiple pictures
« on: December 22, 2014, 09:34:40 am »

Hello

Lightroom allows to select multiple pictures with the mouse in the import dialog. I did not find to make use of that selection ever!
At the bottom only the two options remain "check all / uncheck all".
And the import dialog only allows to import "checked / all".
It can be a pain at times, if you need to import all the pictures again from the last shooting(or at least the ones that you deleted already)

best regards

mbaginy

Re: importing multiple pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 11:16:01 am »

I hope I've understood your problem correctly.  If you only want to import some of those images on your SD or CF card, then deselect all and click (tick in the box), those You want to import.  Or select all and deselect the unwanted images using the control key plus clicking the tick of the image.

Or have I misunderstood your intentions?  I understand, that you don't want to import all, but only a selection.  Description above should work.  Using control click and shift click should allow you to select and deselect.

AFairley

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 11:22:14 am »

Slightly easier method is to select the thumbnails you want to import, click on Select None (or Deselect All) at the bottom of the grid and then click the check box in any of the selected thumbnails, which will check all the selected thumbnails.  This lets you make your selection without the thumbnails being dark.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:17:31 pm »

Difficult to know what point you're trying to make here. I assume English isn't your first language.
It can be a pain at times, if you need to import all the pictures again from the last shooting(or at least the ones that you deleted already)
If you just want to reimport images from a folder/card that you've deleted in the library, just select them all and ensure "Don't import suspected duplicates" is checked in the file handling panel. That should just import the missing photos.

orc73

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 10:37:40 am »

Thx Afairley you got the homerun :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up