Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loss of all LCCs when backing off one version of C1 "FRIGGING AMAZING"  (Read 1231 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

As a tech camera user, C1 is a critical tool for me.  I have had a history with it way back to 3.7.8.  I have always used the windows versions, not a mac user, never plan to, just too much invested the other way.  
NET, it shouldn't matter anyway if the software is designed for windows then it should work.

Yesterday while working on a critical job, I made the mistake of downloading the latest version of C1 8.02, note this is not a beta.  I had been having intermittent lockup problems with 8.0.1.16.  The newer version is even worse in this regard, locking up almost every 5 minutes, requiring a task manager interrupt to regain control of the PC.  

I should have imaged my drive, NOTE to self image the stupid drive before you upgrade even within a version of C1.

Instead I uninstalled 8.0.2 and went back to 8.0.1.16.  Now all my LCC's in the presets are gone, well over 200 of them.  Sure I have the raw file of the LCC and can redo all of them, but come on, Phase One, that's amazing!!.  

Simple solution is to find where they LCC's are stored and copy that folder, stupid me.  I will make sure I do that next time, but it should not be necessary, never.  

So if you are a Win 7 pro 64 bit user (I am sure I am not the only one out there) beware of this issue if you use tech cameras.  The Phase One answer is of course open a service ticket and get a lengthy web listing of ideas of how to resolve this.  Net, is the LCCs are gone, ain't coming back.
No US dealer I know of has any support for the product on windows, as all of their customers seem to only use Mac.  Again I guess I am an island.  C1 is great until something like this happens, then you have to wonder just why.

What's funny is all the layers is all images I had were still there, (BUT I USE SESSIONS MODE) I am sure if I ran in catalog mode I would have lost of that data also, which would have been 1000's of hours of work.  

So just a head's up, C1 is still not really prime time and can't handle a simple windows version uninstall.  I am pretty sure I know how to do a windows uninstall having done a few of them over the years now.

Paul
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:35:08 am by Paul2660 »
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Jan K.

Re: Loss of all LCCs when backing off one version of C1 "FRIGGING AMAZING"
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 01:40:06 pm »

Sorry to ask, but will a system restore work? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings

And not to insult, but I'm shocked to hear a pro (or anyone indeed) without backups??

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 02:01:45 pm »

Yesterday while working on a critical job, I made the mistake of downloading the latest version of C1 8.02, note this is not a beta.  
as a consolation you can download 8.1 today  8)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 02:46:53 pm »

Normal policy is always to backup my drive before I install an update.  I image my drive once a week, due to work, I overlooked it, but had a 2 week image and restored that.  Thank god for Acronis, it works, and right.

I got caught in a hurry and was trying to get the lockups to cease, so I did roll the dice on this on and lost as far as upgrading to the 8.02 version. 

Restored that image, and loss was minimal, expect of course for the project I was working on.  LCC do have a separate folder, and have backed up that folder for future work. 

Even Sony Picture somehow forgot to cover all the bases.  I would hate to be in their IT group or their IT provider, most likely they outsource it.

Paul

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up