Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D3s, Can't focus in Live View  (Read 2025 times)

iaent

• Yogendra Singh Photography
Nikon D3s, Can't focus in Live View
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:29:42 am »

Guys,
My Nikon D3s can not focus in live view by half pressing the shutter button. Although AF-ON button works well.
Although shutter button works well otherwise, Pls. suggest possible solutions Thx

dwswager

Re: Nikon D3s, Can't focus in Live View
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:40:35 pm »

Guys,
My Nikon D3s can not focus in live view by half pressing the shutter button. Although AF-ON button works well.
Although shutter button works well otherwise, Pls. suggest possible solutions Thx

So it focuses with half shutter button press using the viewfinder?  That baffles me.  I know lots of people setup their cameras with custom settings to not focus with a half shutter press and only turn on the meters and such.  But that works in both viewfinder and LiveView mode.

Have you tried factory resetting the camera.  I know that sucks unless you save your settings data.

crabby

• MICHAEL CRABB
Re: Nikon D3s, Can't focus in Live View
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 09:17:43 am »

You have two modes of liveview...Tripod or Handheld. The shutter button or a remote electronic shutter trigger does not function at all while in tripod mode liveview, and will only function when fully depressed in handheld mode. In both modes it will autofocus only right before making the exposure and not while simply viewing.
I don't use handheld mode as I am always tethered and on a tripod which has some other differences in the way it focuses so I will have to look into it more. Not sure exactly how liveview functions while in continuous focus mode.

P.S. It didn't used to be this way. At least with camera control pro 2, for some reason they took away that functionality some time ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up