Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I use my Credo back for pinhole photography without a shutter?  (Read 1363 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers

Hi, I want to use my Credo 60 with a technical camera and a plate with a pinhole for the lens but without a shutter. I want to be able to turn the sensor on and off for exposures of some minutes.

Can I do this by inserting a 2.5mm jack with two wires connected to an on/off switch into one of the two corresponding sockets on the rim of the back?

If the back is powered on and the pinhole is open, I expect to be able to control the exposure by turning the sensor on and off and I expect to be able to do this by turning the switch on and off. Alternatively, the back may require me to turn the switch on and off to commence the exposure and then turn the switch on and off to stop the exposure.

What else can you do with a two-cable interface? Isn't this what happens inside a leaf shutter?

What do you reckon? Would I cause any damage trying this?
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

gebseng

Re: How do I use my Credo back for pinhole photography without a shutter?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:40:08 am »

Hm, one thing that I can think of: if you have a (Schneider or Rodenstock) lens with a Copal Leaf shutter, just unscrew the front and back elements from the shutter (done that many times, very easy and not risky). Then you can just close the aperture and use the shutter for actuating the DB.

best,

geb

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:05:04 am »

One option is this
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 01:01:18 am »

Thanks, Geb. I think you do not have to remove the glass from the lens. You can just use the "real" lens as the DB exposure controller.
Roger

Hm, one thing that I can think of: if you have a (Schneider or Rodenstock) lens with a Copal Leaf shutter, just unscrew the front and back elements from the shutter (done that many times, very easy and not risky). Then you can just close the aperture and use the shutter for actuating the DB.

best,

geb

Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 01:03:16 am »

Yaha, I think the solution that your link points to is only required for PhaseOne DBs and is not required for Leaf Credo DBs.
Roger

One option is this
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 01:08:02 am »

Thank you, Doug, for pointing us to the previous pinhole thread (which I see I started some years ago). I knew, when I started this new topic, that I should have searched first but I was in too much hurry to get something up.

I propose to contain all new discussion to the previous thread.
Roger

Previous MFD Pinhole Thread
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up