Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inkjet transfer to Wood  (Read 1081 times)

NickCroken

Inkjet transfer to Wood
« on: December 17, 2014, 01:22:53 pm »

I have been looking into transferring prints to wood for a portrait project.  Has anyone done this with decent success?  I have read about using wax paper which, despite the theory making sense, seems a bit odd.  I'd be printing using an epson 9880.  If you have any experience with this, please let me know!

Thanks!
Nick

rubo

Re: Inkjet transfer to Wood
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:01:01 pm »

get some inkaid, apply on veneer and print with your 9880. do not oversaturate the veneer, it will start buckling up ==> head strikes. I do full panels (4x8) on my 9700 - not full, the width is 44" of course, but still...No issues

NickCroken

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 11:03:15 am »

Excellent, another member suggested ink aid as well.  Where are you sourcing your veneers? I have a friend who owns a woodshop so I'll try him as a supplier first before going online.  Do you know the thickness of your veneers?

rubo

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 12:46:46 pm »

Where are you located? It's really hard to tell you where to go to - for all I know you might be in Goby desert in Mongolia? Your local time makes me think East coast somewhere? You might be lucky - the Inkaid is in NJ, the guy won't ship anything in the winter - the stuff will freeze  ;D The thickness - I don't know - just eyeball it, make sure it's not thicker than canvas.

NickCroken

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 10:55:53 pm »

haha I'm in Edmonton, Ab.  Looks like I'll have to wait until spring!  Everything freezes solid up here at this time of year :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up