Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is anyone using a slider they can recommend?  (Read 1351 times)

Colorado David

Is anyone using a slider they can recommend?
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:07:16 pm »

I just looked at the Gepe 40" Heavy Duty Camera Slider on B&H and like it for the price.  It doesn't have a motor option, but that's okay.  I want a decent slider that will hold the weight of a Nikon D800/810 and vertical grip with a 70-200 mounted on a Manfrotto head with a leveling base.

Colorado David

Re: Is anyone using a slider they can recommend?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 08:50:47 am »

TTT

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:09:48 am »

look at http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/Video-Support/VS-288-Slider.html

about video heads, if you want smoother panning and tilts you might want to look at replacing your current Manfrotto with a Benro S8.

Colorado David

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 03:32:28 pm »

Thanks Ellis.  The RRS slider is quite a bit more expensive than the one I mentioned, but I know the RRS quality.  The Benro head looks nice.  Does it use the same size QR plate as the Manfrotto?  I have an O'Connor 50 that I haven't used in years and a really nice Vinton Vision 10 that is a little too heavy to carry around now that cameras have gotten smaller and lighter.

K.C.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:34:04 pm »

I want a decent slider that will hold the weight of a Nikon D800/810 and vertical grip with a 70-200 mounted on a Manfrotto head with a leveling base.

Then you won't be happy with any $200 slider.

I'd suggest you do a little more research on some of the DV sites, dvinfo.net in particular is one with long time pros contributing useful information.

Kessler Crane is a great a company and a good reference for quality at a reasonable price.

I have all the RRS ball heads, pano gear and lot more but I don't think their slider is a good value.
Pages: [1]   Go Up