Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voigtlander Color-Skopar 20mm f3.5 SL II N Aspherical Lens with the Sony ILCE-7R  (Read 1569 times)

caribsurf47

Does anyone out there have personal experience with this combination via the Metabones Canon EF to Sony E-Mount Adapter Mark III?

Looking at the On Line specification for the Voigtlander lens, it ticks all the right boxes for me in terms of size and weight. Maximum aperture of f/3.5 is also fine as I will be using the combination for landscapes and some architectural work, almost exclusively at f/8 and off a tripod. Doing a bit of reading On Line it is stated that images are soft out in the image corners when used wide open (not really that surprising), but how does it perform at f/8? Any experiences gained with this lens at f/8 would be gratefully received.

Oh, by the way, I already use the Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZE but it is too heavy for use in January on my holiday so I would prefer to leave it at home?

JeanMichel

I have this lens and use it  on my Canon 5d2. It works very well, yes there is some softness in the corners even at f/8, and there is CA but that is easily corrected in LR. Still, it is a 'better' wide angle at 20 than my Canon 24-105 at 24 mm. I also have the VC 21 f/4 for my Leica's and that lens is 'better' than their 20. But both are easy t o work with and produce fine results.
Jean-Michel

caribsurf47

Thank you Jean-Michel your reply is most helpful. I will order the lens in time for my trip in January.

Regards

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up